There’s no doubt that the TV is a fantastic source of entertainment, especially when it comes to Smart TVs. A Smart TV lets us enjoy family TV time in the home with the finest quality of pictures and sounds and access to everything the internet has to offer. But all those benefits go out the window when the annoying narrator tv voice won’t go off!
I get cheesed off with the irritating narrator audio feature of smart TVs and I don’t think I’m the only one who gets annoyed with this voice, it can really spoil the mood.
If you face the same situation, don’t worry. After reading this article you’ll quickly get rid of this problem. This piece will show you how to turn off the narrator on TV.
How to turn off the Narrator on Apple TV?
The first thing you need to do is find out what generation your Apple TV is and then follow the steps.
Turn off the Narrator on Apple TV (3rd Generation)
- Turn on your TV and find the Apple TV remote.
- Select the “Menu” button on the remote and press until you hear ‘stop.’.
- Then, press the “Down” button once.
- After, press the “Right” button over and over until you hear the loud sound of “Stop” again.
- Then press the “Select” button twice.
- Then again, press the “Down” button until you hear the “Stop” sound.
- Count and press the “Up button” four times.
- To finish, press the “Select” button twice.
Turn off the Narrator on Apple HD TV
Apple 4th Generation TV has three options to turn off the Narrator’s voice with a remote.
Hold your Apple 4th generation TV remote and press the SIRI button. Instruct her to “Turn Voiceover off,” and that’s it.
Hold the remote and push the “Menu” button three times.
- Go to settings.
- Then Accessibility.
- Accessibility > to VoiceOver.
- Turn it off.
How to turn off the Narrator on a Samsung TV?
- Open your Samsung Smart TV.
- Go to Settings.
- After that, you’ll see many options on the screen, select “Smart Feature.”
- Then search for the “Voice recognition” option in the Smart feature Menu.
- After finding “Voice Recognition,” select it and Go to the “voice recognition setting.”
- The last step is to turn it off.
If you want to turn it on, follow the same procedure to turn on the “Voice Recognition Setting.”
How to turn off the Narrator on Sony TV?
- Turn on your Sony Smart TV, Go to settings.
- Search the Accessibility option.
- Open the Accessibility menu, then>Services.
- In the Services Menu, you can see two options, “Talkback” and “Screen Reader.”
- Turn off both options by unselecting them.
- Then again, go back to the Accessibility menu.
- Find the Accessibility Shortcut and turn it off.
Do the same procedure again if you want to turn it on (turn on the Talkback, Screen Reader, and Accessibility shortcut setting).
How to turn off the Narrator on LG TV?
- Turn on your LG TV.
- To deactivate the voice narrator goes to the Settings.
- Select General > then Accessibility.
- Then Accessibility > to Audio Description.
- Turn off the Audio Description.
To turn on the Narrator on LG TV, enable the (Audio Description).
How to turn off the Narrator on ROKU TV?
Wondering why your Roku is talking to you? It’s probably because you have the narrator on. Follow these steps to turn it off:
- Turn on your ROKU Smart TV using your Roku remote.
- Find and select the Settings Menu.
- Then go to the Accessibility option.
- Select Audio Guide in Accessibility Menu.
- Turn off Audio Guide and enjoy using ROKU TV without any voice.
Follow the same process to turn on the narrator on ROKU TV (but turn on the Audio Guide setting).