There’s no doubt that the TV is a fantastic source of entertainment, especially when it comes to Smart TVs. A Smart TV lets us enjoy family TV time in the home with the finest quality of pictures and sounds and access to everything the internet has to offer. But all those benefits go out the window when the annoying narrator tv voice won’t go off!
I get cheesed off with the irritating narrator audio feature of smart TVs and I don’t think I’m the only one who gets annoyed with this voice, it can really spoil the mood.
If you face the same situation, don’t worry. After reading this article you’ll quickly get rid of this problem. This piece will show you how to turn off the narrator on TV.
Important Note: Audio descriptions might be turned off on your TV but not on your streaming app! If you hear the narrator only when you stream on an app, let’s say Apple TV, then you have to turn the narrator off on Apple TV.
How to turn off the Narrator on Apple TV?
The first thing you need to do is find out what generation your Apple TV is and then follow the steps.
Turn off the Narrator on Apple TV (3rd Generation)
- Turn on your TV and find the Apple TV remote.
- Select the “Menu” button on the remote and press until you hear ‘stop.’.
- Then, press the “Down” button once.
- After, press the “Right” button over and over until you hear the loud sound of “Stop” again.
- Then press the “Select” button twice.
- Then again, press the “Down” button until you hear the “Stop” sound.
- Count and press the “Up button” four times.
- To finish, press the “Select” button twice.
Turn off the Narrator on Apple HD TV
Apple 4th Generation TV has three options to turn off the Narrator’s voice with a remote.
Hold your Apple 4th generation TV remote and press the SIRI button. Instruct her to “Turn Voiceover off,” and that’s it.
Hold the remote and push the “Menu” button three times.
- Go to settings.
- Then Accessibility.
- Accessibility > to VoiceOver.
- Turn it off.
How to Turn Off Narrator on Amazon Prime
To turn off the narrator on Prime, you have to do it while watching the movie or episode.
- While watching a video on Prime, hover your remote at the bottom or swipe down for a menu if you’re using a touch screen device, a speech bubble should come up and expand.
- Highlight and click on “Audio & Languages”, move down to Language options, highlight “English (U.S)” without the tag AD and select, that should turn it off.
- If your settings were already set to “English (US)”, try setting them to “English (UK)” or any other English option without the AD tag.
How to Turn Off Narrator on Xfinity
The easiest way to turn off the audio description on your Xfinity is by using the voice control function on your remote control if you have it.
While watching a video, press and hold the voice control button on your Xfinity Voice Remote and say “audio description” to turn the audio description off.
Turn Off Xfinity Audio Description Using the Transport Bar
- Press the down arrow on your Xfinity remote while watching full-screen video.
- The transport bar will pop up on the lower third of your TV screen.
- Press the left arrow twice to go to the audio description option.
- Press OK to turn the audio description on or off.
Turn Xfinity Audio Description Off From the Accessibility Settings Menu
- Grab your remote and press the xfinity button. The X1 main menu will come up.
- Using the xfinity button or the up/down arrow buttons, go to the Settings menu.
- Press the OK button to enter the menu.
- Once in the Settings menu, use the arrow buttons to navigate to the Accessibility Settings. Press OK to select it.
- From Accessibility Settings, use the arrow buttons to go to Audio Description. Press OK to turn audio description Off.
- Simply press Exit to return to viewing your program.
How to turn off the Narrator on a Samsung TV?
- Open your Samsung Smart TV.
- Go to Settings.
- After that, you’ll see many options on the screen, select “Smart Feature.”
- Then search for the “Voice recognition” option in the Smart feature Menu.
- After finding “Voice Recognition,” select it and Go to the “voice recognition setting.”
- The last step is to turn it off.
If you want to turn it on, follow the same procedure to turn on the “Voice Recognition Setting.”
How to turn off the Narrator on Sony TV?
- Turn on your Sony Smart TV, Go to settings.
- Search the Accessibility option.
- Open the Accessibility menu, then>Services.
- In the Services Menu, you can see two options, “Talkback” and “Screen Reader.”
- Turn off both options by unselecting them.
- Then again, go back to the Accessibility menu.
- Find the Accessibility Shortcut and turn it off.
Do the same procedure again if you want to turn it on (turn on the Talkback, Screen Reader, and Accessibility shortcut setting).
How to turn off the Narrator on LG TV?
- Turn on your LG TV.
- To deactivate the voice narrator goes to the Settings.
- Select General > then Accessibility.
- Then Accessibility > to Audio Description.
- Turn off the Audio Description.
To turn on the Narrator on LG TV, enable the (Audio Description).
How to turn off the Narrator on ROKU TV?
Wondering why your Roku is talking to you? It’s probably because you have the narrator on. Follow these steps to turn it off:
- Turn on your ROKU Smart TV using your Roku remote.
- Find and select the Settings Menu.
- Then go to the Accessibility option.
- Select Audio Guide in Accessibility Menu.
- Turn off Audio Guide and enjoy using ROKU TV without any voice.
Follow the same process to turn on the narrator on ROKU TV (but turn on the Audio Guide setting).