Hulu is a major streaming platform that offers a robust library of on-demand movies and shows through different channels. Viewers can access thousands of shows and movies on Hulu through Tv, Laptops, mobile devices, gaming consoles, etc.
But how do you successfully activate Hulu on your TV? Although most people find it difficult to activate Hulu on their TV, it is a hassle-free process. This article will recommend ways to activate Hulu on your TV.
Hulu Streaming Service
Hulu’s streaming service has over 50 channels available to subscribers. Although it is a paid service, users have access to a seven-day free trial.
This free trial gets potential subscribers to experience Hulu before committing their funds to a plan.
You can use several ways to activate Hulu on your TV, with or without an internet connection.
Some ways include connecting your device through an HDMI cable, using a smart TV, casting your device, etc.
How to Activate Hulu on Your Tv
Below are five ways you can activate Hulu on your TV:
Smart TVs are high-tech gadgets that run on an operating system that automatically connects to WiFi or Ethernet networks.
Activate Hulu on a Smart TV
With this access, users can access, manage and watch online content from Hulu or other services.
It is easy to activate Hulu on a Smart TV as most Smart TVs have built-in applications like Hulu, Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc., in their hard drive.
This feature makes activation hassle-free. However, if your TV does not come with Hulu, you can download the App.
Below is a guide on how to go about it:
- Press the Home button of your TV remote to access the home page
- Click on Apps
- Search for Hulu using the search bar (check upper-right corner of the screen)
- Proceed to install the Hulu app following the on-screen prompts
- Then launch the Hulu app
- Click and enter your login details on login on the welcome screen
- Select “Activate on a Computer”
- Your screen will show an Activation code
- Go to hulu.com/activate
- Login if required
- Input the Hulu activation code displayed on the TV screen
- A login process will start automatically
- Click on your Hulu profile from the list
- Start streaming
Activate Hulu on an Apple TV
You can access Hulu on Apple TV if you have a Hulu subscription. However, you must complete your account setup before logging in to Hulu.
Alternatively, you can use an activation code instead of logging in with your credentials. Below are the steps on how to go about it:
- Launch Hulu on your Apple TV
- Click on login on the home screen
- Select “activate on your device” – phone, laptop, computer
- The next screen will show an activation code
- Go to hulu.com/activate
- Enter the activation code
- The account will be automatically logged in
- Choose your profile from the available list
- Start streaming
Activate Hulu on Roku
Activating Hulu on Roku is relatively easy. Below is a guide on how to go about it:
- Add Hulu to your Roku device – click on the Add Channel button
- Click and open the Hulu channel
- Select “activate on your computer”
- Go to hulu.com/activate
- Enter the Hulu activation code on Roku
- Click on continue
- Hulu will automatically activate on your Roku
- Select your profile and start streaming
Activate Hulu on Samsung TV
Samsung has a different range of smart TVs, and you must enter an activation code to stream on Hulu.
Below is how to activate Hulu on Samsung TV:
- Click on the Home Button on the Samsung TV
- Navigate to the channels menu
- Search for Hulu application
- Download and install the Hulu app
- Navigate back to the channels menu
- Click on the Hulu app to generate an activation code
- Sign in to your Hulu account
- Select your Samsung device
- Sign in and continue
- Choose your profile and start streaming
Activate Hulu on Chromecast
There is no native app for streaming Hulu to your Chromecast. However, you can cast Hulu from a mobile device to your Chromecast. Below is how to go about it:
- Open the Hulu app on your mobile device
- Play the movie/show you want to stream
- Click on the Chromecast icon at the top of the screen
- Then select your Chromecast device to cast your streaming to your TV
Managing Hulu Activated Devices
Hulu allows users to activate multiple devices on their Hulu account. Users can manage the connected devices – viewing their details, removing and adding devices.
You can remove a Hulu account you are not using by following the steps below:
- Go to hulu.com/activate and log in to your account
- Navigate to the Your Account section
- Click on the manage your device option
- The list of all connected devices on the Hulu account will pop up on the screen.
- Click on the remove option to remove a device
Troubleshooting Hulu Activation Error
There are a couple of reasons why your Hulu activation code might not work. Some of the reasons include:
- Poor internet connection
- Glitchy App
- Browser incompatibility
- Hulu server issue
- Outdated App
7 Solutions to Hulu Activation Error
Below are some solutions you can use to resolve the Hulu activation error
1. Check your Internet Connection
Most times, the issue might be from your network connection. If the connection is not strong enough, your device might not connect to the Hulu server. You can reposition your router to find a stronger signal.
2. Power Cycle Your Router
If your internet connection is unstable, it is advisable to power cycle your router. To do this:
- Unplug the power cable that connects your router to the power outlet
- Leave the power cable unplugged for some minute for power residual to drain from the router
- Replug the power cable back to the power outlet
Power cycling your router will reset your network status and refresh the router’s connectivity to the web.
If Hulu is undergoing service maintenance, you might be unable to activate your account as the server will be down. You can wait for a few minutes or hours for the maintenance to complete.
4. Power Cycle your Device
Once you are sure that your internet connection is stable and you are still unable to activate your Hulu account, try power cycling your device. Power off your device for a minute or two, then power it on again. The exact process applies if you use a streaming device, power off your TV and unplug the HDMI cables linked to your TV.
5. Change browser
Browser compatibility is essential when trying to activate your Hulu account. If your browser is incompatible with Hulu software, you will get an error message. Try using another browser to activate your Hulu account. Browsers like Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox, etc., work well with Hulu. Alternatively, you can update your browser before launching your Hulu app.
6. Contact support
If none of the solutions above works, try contacting Hulu customer support. You can reach their support or technical team via their hotline or email address.
7. Uninstall and Reinstall the App
If a bug on the App is causing an activation error on your Hulu account, you can try uninstalling and reinstalling your Hulu app. The process of uninstalling an app on laptops, PCs, smartphones, tablets, and streaming devices is easy and similar
How to Uninstall and Reinstall Hulu on SmartPhone
To uninstall an app on a smartphone
- Long press your Hulu app
- Click on the delete app pop-up to delete the App.
- Then go to Apple or Google play store to reinstall Hulu.
How to Uninstall and Reinstall Hulu on Computer and Laptop
To uninstall and reinstall Hulu on your computer or laptop;
- Go to the control panel and select uninstall a program
- Navigate to your Hulu app and click on it.
- Wait for the uninstallation to complete
- Then restart your computer.
- Proceed to the Microsoft Store to reinstall the App.
How to Uninstall and Reinstall Hulu on FireStick
If you are accessing Hulu via a FireStick, you can uninstall the Hulu app via the Firestick Main Menu.
- Go to Setting and select the Hulu app
- Click on the App to uninstall
- Then power off the Firestick for a minute or two.
To reinstall the Hulu app;
- Download the software again by searching for Hulu
- Then click on the download button.
How to Uninstall and Reinstall Hulu on Roku
Alternatively, you can uninstall Hulu using your Roku Remote control if you have a Roku device.
- Access Roku’s main menu using the star or asterisk button on the remote control to show the list of commands.
- Select Remove channel, then reboot your Roku device for a minute or two.
- Reinstall Hulu on your device by downloading the program again
- Then click on Add channel.
Uninstalling and reinstalling your Hulu app eliminates the program’s corrupted data that might have been stored on your device. Also, this process helps you update your App software. Once you uninstall your Hulu when reinstalling, a newer version will be available for download.
As mentioned above, activating Hulu on TVs is relatively easy. You can follow the steps mentioned above to activate Hulu on your TV.
However, before activating Hulu on your TV, ensure that your device is connected to an active internet connection. Also, verify that the device supports Hulu’s services.