Netflix is a subscription streaming service that enables subscribers to view Movies and TV series on any internet-connected device, including computers, televisions, and smartphones, without commercial interruption.
You may also download TV series and movies for later watching without an Internet connection at no additional cost.
Netflix also has its own production company, which means you can watch Netflix Originals, TV programs, movies, and documentaries.
Why Would You Want to Stop Using Netflix?
Let’s look at some of the reasons why you might wish to cancel your Netflix subscription.
Maybe you want to give your wallet a break, especially if you’re finding that you’re not using Netflix as much as you used to. Or you may be growing tired of Netflix’s accessible movies and series.
It’s possible that Netflix isn’t working on your TV. Read our article on how to fix Netflix not working on TV.
It could also be that your favorite show has ended and you can’t seem to find anything else to watch, or you may want to explore other options.
Canceling Netflix is straightforward; depending on the plan you have and how you subscribed initially, you can cancel on your phone, TV, Roku, or computer by just signing in to your Account.
This article will show you how to cancel your Netflix account from any of the devices you have.
1. How to Cancel Netflix on Roku
You may cancel your Netflix subscription on Roku using either your Roku device or a web browser.
To cancel your subscription in either case, follow the steps below.
Canceling Netflix Subscriptions on a Roku Device
- Turn on your Streaming device.
- On your remote, press the Home button.
- Scroll through your channel lineup until you find Netflix.
- On your remote, press the Star button.
- Click ‘Manage Subscriptions’ when the options tab appears.
- Select ‘Cancel Subscription’ from the drop-down menu.
You have the option of removing the channel or keeping it until the end of the subscription period.
How can I cancel my Netflix membership through the Roku website?
- Go to the Roku website and log in.
- Select ‘Manage Subscription’ from the drop-down menu.
- This will take you to a website where you can view and manage all of your subscriptions.
- You’re done once you’ve found the Netflix tab and clicked on ‘Unsubscribe.’
If you’re on the free trial and wish to cancel, you can do so; you’ll still be able to use all of the services until the trial period finishes, which means you won’t be charged at the end of the month if your subscription is canceled.
2. How to Cancel Netflix on PC
On your computer, you can cancel your Netflix account by going to the Netflix website. Here are the basic steps you must take to cancel your Netflix subscription using your computer.
To cancel your subscription, follow these steps:
- Go to the Netflix website and sign in with your Netflix credentials.
- Select Account by clicking the profile photo in the top-right corner of the screen.
- In the Membership & Billing category, select Cancel Membership. This will cancel the Netflix subscription.
- Finally, select Complete Confirmation to complete the process.
You will receive a confirmation email once your subscription has been canceled. You will be allowed to watch Netflix until your next subscription month, after which you will not be charged again.
3. How to Cancel Netflix With Your Phone
Here’s how to cancel your Netflix subscription from your Android or iOS smartphone using the Netflix mobile app.
- On your Android smartphone, open the Netflix app.
- In the upper right-hand corner, tap the profile symbol.
- To cancel your subscription, go to Account and select the web browser you want to use.
- You’ll then go to the website and sign in.
- Then scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the ‘Cancel Membership’ option.
When you cancel a Netflix subscription on one device, the subscription is canceled on other devices.
It’s important to note that uninstalling the Netflix app from your device will not stop your Netflix subscription.
If you joined Netflix using iTunes, you could cancel using the instructions below.
4. How to Cancel Netflix Via iTunes
You could cancel your Netflix subscription using your iPad or iPhone if you subscribed through iTunes.
- Go to Your profile, then iTunes & App Store in your Settings.
- Select your Apple ID, log in if necessary, and then select View Apple ID.
- Subscriptions can be found by scrolling down and clicking on them.
- Select Netflix from the drop-down menu.
- Change your current plan or cancel your subscription by clicking Cancel subscription at the bottom of the page.
Netflix has now terminated your subscription, and it will expire after your current billing period. You will not be billed again.
5. How to Cancel Netflix on TV
To cancel your Netflix account
- Open Netflix and log in.
- In the upper right corner of the screen, click the down arrow.
- Go to the Accounts tab.
- Click the gray Cancel membership option under Membership and billing.
- Confirm that you wish to cancel by clicking Finish cancellation.
That’s all there is to it. You’ve successfully unsubscribed from Netflix.
It’s worth noting that if you’ve already paid for the following month, Netflix will cancel your subscription once that month is over. You will not be charged until you reactivate your Membership.
A third party is billing you if you don’t see the option to cancel your subscription on the account page. If that’s the case, you’ll find either a link to walk you through the cancellation process with your billing company or directions to contact your billing company to cancel on your Account page.
How Can I Stop Automatic Payments on Netflix?
If you wish to remove a particular payment option, follow these steps:
- From your Account page, select Manage payment information.
- Delete the payment method you’d like to get rid of.
If you have one form of payment on record, you won’t be able to delete it until you add another one. Netflix will not be able to charge a credit card that has been withdrawn from your account unless it is re-added to your Netflix account.
Follow the steps below to add a new payment option:
- Launch the Netflix application.
- Tap the three lines in the upper left corner.
- At the bottom of the menu, tap Account.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and select Update billing information.
- Select a payment option.
- Fill in the details for your payment method.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and select Update payment method.
To stop automatic payments:
- Go to Netflix and sign in.
- Go to subscriptions.
- Select Manage.
- To turn off Automatic Renewal, tap the switch next to it. Automatic renewal is enabled if it is green.
Frequently Asked Questions About Cancelling Netflix
What happens if you don’t pay Netflix?
Your account will be suspended if Netflix attempts to charge your payment method and fails. You won’t be able to keep streaming.
How much does Netflix cost per month?
Basic, Standard, and Premium are the three main Netflix streaming plans. For new users who are content with SD resolution, the Basic plan costs $8.99 per month.
For those who like to watch in HD resolution, the Standard package is $13.99 per month. You may watch movies and shows on your laptop, TV, phone, or tablet, and you have limitless access to movies and shows.
With this plan, you may also download content to two mobile devices and watch it on up to two screens at once.
The Premium plan, which costs $17.99 a month, is also available. You will get HD and Ultra HD resolution with this package. It allows you to view information on up to four devices at once and download content to up to four devices.
Can I continue to watch Netflix if I cancel my subscription?
Yes. At the end of your current billing term, your canceled account will be immediately closed. You can continue to watch until the end of your current billing cycle with your current account.
Why am I unable to see the cancel button?
If you don’t see the Cancel Membership button on your account page, it’s likely because you signed up for Netflix through a third party. This means you’ll have to cancel your Netflix subscription through that service provider rather than through Netflix’s account page.
What if I want to reactivate Netflix?
You can reactivate to Netflix at any time after canceling your subscription. When you cancel, the service saves your account and all of your settings for up to 10 months following your last payment date, allowing you to resume your subscription precisely where you left off. All you have to do is sign in with your credentials, go to your Account page, and select “Restart Membership.”
That’s it! Five ways to end your Netflix subscription. If you’re looking for an alternative streaming platform, Paramount Plus is a good option. And if you own a Roku device, see how to access Paramount Plus on Roku.