What comes to mind when you hear “Disney”? Barbie Series, Cinderella story, Lilo and Stitch. Launched in 2019, Disney Plus is a popular streaming service owned by Walt Disney Company.
Once you’re subscribed to the channel, there’s a truckload of content to view, from movies to your favourite TV shows. For an enjoyable visual experience, you might consider streaming movies on big screens.
So, how can you cast Disney Plus on your TV? We bet you don’t know. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to do that.
What devices are compatible with Disney Plus?
From Android phones to Google Chromecast, tablets, iPhones, gaming consoles, Amazon Fire Stick, Apple TV streaming device and Roku, Disney Plus pretty much works on all devices in the house.
How to Cast Disney Plus on TV
There are several ways to cast Disney Plus on your TV. You can use a streaming device, HDMI cord, or Chromecast to cast your television content. If you have a smartphone like an iOS or Android phone, you can use Google Chromecast to stream movies on your TV.
Do you own a Smart TV? You can download Disney Plus App on your device and access content easily. If you don’t have a streaming device, you can cast Disney Plus from your mobile device using an HDMI cord. However, you’ll require an adapter for connection. Let’s consider each of the various methods of casting:
How to Cast Disney Plus on TV with Chromecast
If you’re tired of the old-fashioned way of connecting HDMI to your device, consider using Chromecast. Here’s how to cast content from your phone or computer to TV with Chromecast.
- Download and install the Disney Plus App on your mobile device
- Ensure your TV and phone are connected to the same network.
- Tap the Disney Plus App icon on your mobile phone to open it.
- Find the cast icon at the corner of the home screen. From the list of available devices, select your TV name to connect both devices (your phone and TV).
- Select a movie to watch and start playing. Once connected, the content shown on the Disney Plus App will be amplified on the TV.
How to cast Disney Plus on TV using a computer
The steps taken to cast Disney Plus on your television using a phone are similar to a laptop. Here’s how to mirror content on Disney Plus to TV.
- Check that your computer is connected to the same network as your Chromecast-enabled TV.
- Go to Chrome web browser on your desktop.
- Enter Disney URL on the Chrome browser. To sign in to your account, click on Log In. You will need to type in your username and password to access your account.
- Select the movie or media file you want to view.
- On the top-right corner of your browser is a three-dot icon ( ⋮ ). Click on it.
- On the Menu bar is Cast, tap on it. Once clicked, your network will scan for available devices, and a list will appear in a pop-up window.
- Click Chromecast. Once clicked, you can now start mirroring content on your TV.
What to do if Disney Plus isn’t mirroring to TV?
Sometimes even after following all the steps, you might still have difficulty casting Disney Plus on TV. Below are troubleshooting fixes to try.
- Switch off your devices and restart them.
- Reinstall Google Home App
- Ensure both devices are connected to the same network.
- Check that your Chromecast is connected to your TV.
- Check that your drivers, TV software, sound, and network are updated. You can check for updates through the Settings App.
- Select Settings, navigate to Software updates and select Check for Updates.
- Check that there is no firewall blocking connection on your television. To check for firewalls, go to System Preferences, select Security & Privacy and choose Firewall.
Note: It’s advised to use an updated version of TV software to enjoy a seamless user experience.
If you’re still encountering troubleshooting issues after following these above-listed steps, It would be best to contact a technician.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Why can’t I cast Disney Plus to my TV?
You might have difficulty casting Disney Plus on TV if your drivers are not updated, and firewalls are blocking your connection. Ensure you check that all your drivers and devices are updated to the latest version. Also, go to Settings on your phone and check for firewalls.
How do I cast Disney Plus to my TV without Chromecast?
You can cast Disney Plus to your TV without Chromecast by using HDMI-to-Phone Adapters, screencast, or screen mirroring. In addition, you can use third-party apps for casting.
There you have it! The different ways of casting Disney Plus on TV. For a better viewing experience, consider mirroring Disney Plus to your TV.