Getting familiar with all of your new LG TV features may take some time if you’ve previously owned a different brand. However, once you get the hang of it, you’ll be able to make use of LG’s smart TVs’ many capabilities.
Additionally, you may stream your favorite entertainment to many devices by connecting your phone or tablet to a Wi-Fi hotspot. We’ll walk you through the process of changing the input on your LG TV in this post.
How to Change the Input on Your LG TV
A frequently asked question is whether you can change an LG TV’s input without a remote control. Fortunately, you can. When it comes to changing the input on your TV, we’ll show you how quickly you can do it.
- Open the Home Screen on your LG TV after turning it on.
- Go to the Inputs menu in the upper right corner using your remote control.
- A list of all connected devices will now appear.
- Choose the input you’d want to utilize.
That concludes the procedure. You’ll be able to go from one input to another in a matter of seconds once you know what you’re doing.
What if My Device isn’t on the List?
There is nothing worse than opening the Inputs list and seeing all the sources you need, but not the one you need right now. Don’t worry if this has occurred to you; we’ve got your back. Despite this, it does not imply that your LG television is not working correctly.
In most cases, it’s only a matter of making sure the source or device is correctly connected to your television. You should make sure of a few things before anything else: In addition, you should check to see whether the gadget needs to be charged or plugged in.
Restarting your device is also an option if required. Finally, don’t forget to switch it on. This may seem obvious, but you’d be surprised at how many people overlook it. Open the Inputs menu once again.
Your TV should now recognize an external working device if you have done everything correctly. The AutoDetect option on LG TV menus may also be worth a go.
How To Change the Input on LG TV Without Remote Control?
If you’ve recently lost or broken your LG TV remote, you may be wondering how to change the input on your LG TV so that you may access material from your Blu-Ray player or gaming system.
With the LG ThinQ app or the device’s buttons on the side, you have two choices for switching inputs on your LG TV without a remote.
How to Use the LG thinQ App to Change the Input on LG TVs
The LG ThinQ app is the easiest way to operate your TV without a controller. It’s completely free to do so on the internet.
You may download this app from the Google Play Store for Android devices and the App Store for iOS devices. (Please note that this method only works with LG Smart TVs.) To connect the app to your TV after downloading it, follow these steps:
- Switch on your LG television.
- Ensure that your TV and phone are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- To begin, open the app.
- On your phone’s screen, press the “+” button.
- Tap “OK” after following the on-screen instructions.
- Go to the section on home appliances.
- Select the TV option.
- Wait for a few moments.
- Select your TV.
- Enter the verification code that appears on the TV’s screen in the app.
- Select the “Move to Home” option.
Using the LG ThinQ app, you’ll be able to control your TV just as you would with a remote. Open the app and tap the home symbol to access your TV’s settings and adjust the input. You may then make the necessary adjustments.
How to Manually Change the Input on LG TV
Don’t worry if you don’t want to download the app (or don’t have a smart LG TV); you may change the input manually. To do so, follow these steps:
- Switch on the TV.
- On the bottom of your TV, look for the power button.
- Pull the button in your direction.
- The choices at the bottom of the screen may be seen by scrolling sideways.
- Once you’ve located your input option, let go of the button.
The TV will turn off if you push down on the button without gently bringing it toward you.
By following the steps outlined above, you’ll be able to access all of the TV’s settings, including input options. You must release the button, not push it down, to choose what you want.
Why won’t My LG TV Allow Me to Change its Input?
If you bought your LG TV in the last few years and have access to Amazon Prime, Netflix, and other applications without needing an additional device (like a Firestick), you likely have a smart TV.
As previously stated, LG smart TVs are required to use the app approach to change your TV’s input. The following are some additional actions to try if the preceding solutions didn’t work for you and your TV is newer:
Get Your Phone and LG TV Connected to the Same Wi-Fi Network
How can I get my TV to connect to the internet if my remote isn’t working? In this case, you’ll need a USB mouse to access your television’s settings menu. Here’s how:
- You may find your TV’s USB port on the back or side.
- Connect the USB drive to the TV.
- To access the TV’s input, press the power button.
- Connect your mouse to your TV.
- Wait a few seconds after selecting “Live TV.”
- On the right-hand side, click “Recommended.”
- On the pop-up notice, choose “Yes.”
- Enter your Wi-Fi password.
The ThinQ app is now available for LG TVs.
Be Sure That the App is Updated
Keep an eye out for updates in the Google Play or Apple App Store. If you don’t have the most recent version of the LG ThinQ app, you may not be able to use it with your smart TV.
Check the Power Button on Your TV
Your TV’s power button may be broken if it won’t move forward or allow you to change the input. If the problem is a factory-specific defect, the warranty may cover it. You must have purchased your television within the last year to be eligible.
Forcibly Exit the App
If you’re having trouble using the LG ThinQ app, force-quit it and then relaunch it. Depending on the model of your phone, there are many methods for quitting an app abruptly.
If you have an Android device, follow these steps:
- Go to the settings menu.
- “Apps” should be selected.
- Select the LG ThinQ application.
- Select “Force Stop”
If you have an iPhone, you can do the following:
- Swipe up from the bottom of the screen.
- Place a pause in the middle of the screen.
- To locate the app, swipe right.
- Swipe upwards.
- Now, reload the app and follow the following instructions to change your TV’s input.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I remove an Input I no longer use on my LG TV?
The Input menu on your LG TV might become a little complicated if you’ve linked a lot of different devices and sources to it. Inputs that you no longer use should be removed from the Input list. Do so by following these instructions:
- Open the Home Screen on your LG television.
- Go to the Inputs menu in the top right corner using your remote control.
- Choose the input that you don’t use anymore.
- Click the Remove button.
- Click on Confirm
That concludes the procedure. Remove any inputs you aren’t using. It feels great, similar to decluttering your house. You may always connect that input to your LG TV again if you change your mind.
Is it possible to rename the input on LG TVs?
Yes, you can rename the inputs on most LG smart TVs to make your life simpler. Imagine never having to consider the distinction between HDMI 1 and HDMI 3 again! You can do this in a matter of seconds. Here’s how to do it:
- Switch on your LG TV.
- On your remote control, press the Input button.
- Select All Inputs when the option appears.
- Then choose the input you’d want to rename.
- You can find the option to rename the input on the right side.
- Return to the Home Screen when you’re finished.
You may change the icon for that input while you’re in the same place. This alternative may be preferable for those who believe that icons are simpler to identify than names. You may experiment with both and find which makes the most sense for you!
Where can I find the LG TV menu on the remote control?
Take a look at this page: Make use of the remote’s Settings button to open the Quick Settings menu. Locate and press the Advanced button at the bottom right of the Quick Settings screen. You can also skip the fast menu by pressing the Settings button on your remote for five seconds.
What is the function of the LG remote’s input button?
You can select playback sources by pressing this button. You may quickly switch your digital decoder and game console between HDMI devices. If you press the button for more than three seconds, it will display a list of all sources.