You can watch content on your Element TV and perform other functions on your TV even if you do not have the remote. If you wish to change the input on your Element TV without a remote, it is essential to know the proper steps.
Although it can be upsetting not to have a remote to change the input, if you take the appropriate steps, you will be able to do so without stress. You can use an app or smartphone to change the input on your TV. Keep reading for a walkthrough of this procedure.
Methods to Change Input on Element TV Without Remote
Without a remote, you may easily change the input on your Element TV through any of the suggested mediums.
It may surprise you that your smartphone can do the same tasks as your remote control, but this is the case. Using a smartphone or tablet is a simple technique to change the input on your Element TV. Downloading an appropriate application from the App Store (for Apple devices) or the Google Play Store (for Android operating devices) is the first thing you need to do if you are using a tablet or smartphone. Your device must use the same network connection as the TV.
Installing the app will turn your mobile device into a fully working remote for your Element TV. It will not emit any infrared light, making it an even more efficient option. Infrared (IR) technology is used by TV remote controls which is the method it creates a link with the TV.
If you do not have a remote for your Element TV, you can change the input by pressing a specific combination of keys on the side of your TV. To do this:
- Power off your Element TV.
- Wait a few minutes.
- Power the TV back on.
- When the Element logo appears on the screen, press the Channel and Menu buttons simultaneously.
- Continually press the input button to browse the various options available to you.
- Locate the correct input and make your selection using the featured select button depending on the Element TV model.
A mouse connected to your TV is also an alternative method for changing the input on your Element TV. Your Element TV gives you complete control over its interface if you use a mouse. You merely have to plug the mouse into one of the USB ports on the back of the television, and after a brief lag, you will see the cursor appear on the screen. You can then use the cursor to navigate the function.
How to Install Element Remote App
Element TV has a custom app that you can download to expand its functionality. If you are using it in a home Wi-Fi network, it will be simple for you to link your TV to a device such as a phone or a tablet. Simply downloading the Remote app is all you have to do. To accomplish this, follow these steps:
- Install the application from Play Store or App Store.
- Connect the network on your tablet or mobile phone.
- Press the “Menu” button.
- Navigate to “TV Settings” and “Network” using the arrow keys.
- The mobile remote app is ready for use, provided all your devices have the same network connection.
How to Rename an Input Port
It might be challenging to determine if you have connected your computer to HDMI 1 and your TV to HDMI 2 or whether you have done it the other way around. Element TV users can rename inputs to correspond with the connections they use. There are two different approaches to taking advantage of this feature, which is as follows:
- Navigate to the Home screen
- Hit the asterisks (*) button,
- Select Rename input from the list of options.
- Launch the Home screen.
- Open “Settings” and “TV inputs.”
- Select Rename on the screen that displays the inputs, then give the new name you deem fit.
How To Fix Input Changing Itself
In some cases, you can experience your TV’s input changing independently. If this occurs, follow the instructions below to fix the problem:
Reset Your TV
If your input keeps changing, a simple solution is resetting your TV. Resetting may be the only thing you must do to rectify the problem. Below is a guide to resetting your TV:
- Switch on the TV.
- Find a small hole at the back of the Element TV. The button to reset the device will be inside the small hole.
- Press and hold the Reset button for some seconds. The screen will turn completely black. You can use a pencil to do this.
- Release the button when you see the Element TV logo.
- Now, the Element TV will reset.
After you have conducted a factory reset on the television, you should test it to determine if it will still change the input on its own. If it does not, you may have needed to perform the reset to clear any settings that were not operating as they should.
Keep Wireless Infrared Devices Away
It would be best to keep wireless infrared devices such as a headset, printer, or cordless microphone a few feet away from the TV. They can interfere with the TV’s input signal if they are close to the TV. If this happens, the TV can automatically switch between inputs. If you want your TV to function normally again, you should relocate any of these gadgets further away. The problem is over if the TV stops changing inputs after removing any of these devices. Ensure putting other devices that could interfere away while you are watching television.
Deactivate the Automatic Input Changing Mode
An automatic input switching function comes in some TVs. If your TV enables this setting, it immediately switches to a different input whenever it detects a Mobile High-Definition Link. So, how do you disable the auto input change mode? The steps to take are as follows:
- Hit the “HOME” button on your TV’s remote.
- Go to Settings.
- Choose External inputs.
- Proceed by selecting the “AUTO INPUT CHANGE (MHL)” option.
- Change this setting to off.
- After you have disabled this option, you should watch your TV to see if it finally stops changing input.
Update TV’s Software
A software update is frequently all that is required for a TV to start functioning normally once more. This is because updating software enhances the reliable operation of your software, boosts the level of protection on your appliance, and provides a better user experience. You will need to go to your TV settings to update the software on your TV. Follow the process below:
- Ensure you have a robust internet connection on your TV.
- Press the HOME button.
- Proceed to the “HELP” option
- After that, select Customer Support and choose Software Update.
- Start the software update by pressing the “OK” button.
After you complete the process of updating the software on your TV, determine whether or not it continues to change the input automatically. If it does, and you have already attempted the other solutions described here, you will likely need to contact a specialist or the TV’s customer support.