iPhones are one of the technology crazes of the moment. In California, Apple launched the iPhone 13 series on September 14, 2021, making them the mobile phone with the most shipments across the world. iPhones have fantastic hardware and software integration making them faster than Androids, and they’re fancier and easy to use.
But, of what use is an iPhone if you don’t understand what’s on your screen? It’s pretty much useless. Do you want to change the default language on your iPhone? Did someone play around with your iPhone and changed the language? Regardless of the situation you’ve found yourself in, we’re here to help you find a solution.
This article will guide you on how to change the default language on your iPhone.
How To Change Language on iPhone
These outlined steps will assist you in changing your iPhone language effortlessly:
- Go to the Home screen of your iPhone.
- Press the Settings icon; it resembles a gear-shaped icon.
- Scroll further downwards and select General.
- Scroll further downwards and tap Language & Region.
- Open the language selection menu by selecting iPhone Language.
- Select your preferred language. This blue checkmark sign (✓) will appear next to your selected language.
- Tap Done.
- When the prompt to change the language appears, select Change to (Language).
Your iPhone screen will go black for some time to affect the changes you have made.
Note: If your iPhone displays a language text that reads from right to left like Arabic, all your horizontal screen texts and icons are in reverse (i.e., options in the top right corner were meant to be in the top left corner)
How to Change the Language on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch
If the language setting on any of these devices is incorrect or was changed to the one you do not understand, the steps below will help rectify the issue.
- Open Settings from your Home screen.
- Next, select General.
- Next, Select Language & Region.
- Next, Select Device Language. Choose and confirm your preferred language from the available list.
Once your device updates the language on your iPhone, it will automatically display your preference.
Note: Your iPhone translates most content automatically, but it will not always determine the language in some websites or non-Apple apps.
Related: How to mirror iPhone to Sony TV
How to Change your Language on the Internet
All services offered by Google are available in Google languages. The set of steps below is specifically for changing your desired language when using Google services on the net.
- Open the Gmail app on your iPad or iPhone.
- Click the profile icon on the top right corner of the page.
- Select Manage your Google Account.
For people who do not use Gmail, use myaccount.google.com. When you’re done changing your language preference, close the tab, and reopen it after a few seconds.
- Select Personal info located right at the top.
- Select General preferences for the web
- Click Select.
Note: You can add other languages if you’re multilingual. Just Click +Add to include other languages in your list.
My iPhone is in a language I can’t understand. How do I change the language?
Navigating an iPhone with an unfamiliar language can prove to be an uphill task. If you’re finding it hard to find where the Language & Region option is located, type Language & Region into your device’s Google Translate and set the other part of the translator to the unfamiliar language.
How do I change the language on my iPhone Apps?
Follow the steps listed below to change the language on your iPhone apps:
- Navigate to the Home screen.
- Open the Settings app.
- Click General.
- Select Language & Region.
- Click Other Languages.
- Select the language you want to download.
- Finally, there’ll be a pop-up to confirm if you want your current language to remain available—Select Keep (Your Current Language) in the notification box.
Why can’t I see the Language Option on iPhone?
If you don’t have different languages installed on your iPhone, you probably wouldn’t see the language options on the settings screen.
- Go to Settings.
- Select General.
- Select Language & Region.
Confirm if the list contains more than one language because the Language option will not appear if it doesn’t.
How do I find the iPhone’s default language?
Follow these steps, and you’ll see the default language for your iPhone.
- Click on Settings.
- In the menu, scroll down and click General.
- Select Language and Region.