Regular deleting of a device’s cache protects it from dangerous malware and improves performance. Though we clear cookies and cache in computer browsers and phones, we tend to forget this practice for our Samsung Smart TV. While performing the ‘Clear Cache’ you can also evaluate and delete the apps you don’t use. It will save considerable storage space on your Smart TV.
This article will provide a stepwise procedure for clearing the cache of your TV.
What is cache storage on your Smart TV?
Samsung Smart TV is a great choice considering its features and performance. All smart devices maintain a cache – a storage area for keeping the temporary files, images, and other relevant information. It is helpful whenever you open the app since it will serve the data faster from the cache.
However, when the cache size increases, it might impact the speed and performance of the running apps. Therefore, it is always advisable to delete the device’s cache regularly for the smooth running of your Samsung Smart TV.
Why is clearing cache needed?
There are several benefits associated with clearing the cache of Samsung Smart TV:
1. Increased speed – Not clearing the cache of the TV might adversely affect the device’s speed.
2. Protection from malware: Clearing the cache of your Smart TV can protect it rom target viruses and malware.
3. Improved performance: Some sites might not work correctly due to garbage data in the cache. Clearing it can do the job for you.
How to Clear cache on Samsung Smart TV
The cookies and massive browsing data can accumulate over time in your Samsung TV. It might adversely affect the browsing experience on the device.
Follow these prerequisites before clear cache :
Before you open the TV settings, ensure that the TV Mode or HDMI input mode is active.
The steps below will delete cached media and clear cookies. However, it won’t impact Bookmarks and History.
For TU/Q/LS Model TVs, follow these steps:
1. Head over to the Home menu using the remote control. Proceed to Settings.
2. Proceed to the Broadcasting tab, and select Expert Settings from the list of options.
3. In the Expert Settings, Click on the HbbTV Settings.
4. Click on Delete browsing data. A confirmation popup will appear. Click Delete and you are done!
For MU/M/NU/RU/Q and Frame Model TVs, The above steps will work as well. However, if you find that the Expert Settings is disabled, switch the source to Live TV and recheck the Broadcasting tab.
Once you delete the cookies, a success popup notification will appear.
For K/KU/KS Smart TV models, these are the steps:
1. Go to the Home button on the remote control, and Proceed to Settings in the window that appears.
2. Go to the Broadcasting tab, and select Expert Settings.
3. Choose the HbbTV Settings from the options.
4. Click on Delete browsing data. A confirmation box will appear to validate if you want to delete the device cookies.
5. Click on the Yes option to proceed. The device cache will get cleared after a few minutes.
For J/JU/JS Model TVs, follow the below steps:
1. Open the web browser app.
2. Go to the Menu button at the top right corner of the app and click the Settings button.
3. Choose Privacy & Security from the menu items.
4. Click on Delete Browsing Data. Confirm by clicking Yes to clear the cache and cookies.
Clear cache of an app
For a Smart TV, you need to clear the cached data separately for each app, just like you do for a mobile device. You can follow these simple steps to clear the cache of a particular Smart TV app:
1. Press the Home icon on your TV Remote control.
2. Open the Settings tab and select Apps.
3. Now, choose the app whose cache storage you want to wipe off.
3. Click on the button Clear cache.
4. A confirmation popup will appear. Proceed to the Yes button, and you are done.
You can try these steps for the apps that are not working as expected due to unwanted cache stored in your device. The process might take a few minutes.
This article has provided you with a detailed procedure to clear the cache on Samsung Smart TV and ensure its smooth functioning.