If you’re wondering whether you can enjoy great audio with your Airpods on your Chromebook, you can. You can connect your Airpods to Chromebook using Bluetooth, and this article will show you how to get it done.
How do I connect my Airpods to my Chromebook?
- You can access the network by clicking the network symbol in the lower right corner of the screen. You’ll find it near the battery and the clock on your desktop.
- Make sure your Chromebook’s Bluetooth is turned on. If you look underneath the Bluetooth symbol, you’ll see how to do it. You can enable Bluetooth by clicking the arrow next to it if it’s not already.
- When you select Bluetooth on your Chromebook, it immediately searches for compatible devices nearby. Hold down the button on the rear of your AirPods case to make your device discoverable if it doesn’t appear right away. Bluetooth should now show up for your AirPods.
- Under Bluetooth, select your AirPods. They’re connected if AirPods appear under “Paired Devices.”
Common problems You might encounter while connecting Airpod to Chromebook
1. Chromebook does not connect to Airpod
To address this issue, turn off Bluetooth on all other devices, including your iPhone, iPad, and Macbook. While you’re trying to pair with the Chromebook, the Airpod may be trying to establish a connection with these other devices.
You can enable Bluetooth on a different device and see if it’s detected to test this further. If this is not the case, the issue may be with the Chromebook itself. Finally, we suggest that you perform a factory reset on your Airpod. Once the Airpod is in its case, press and hold the pair button for 15 seconds.
2. Audio is stuttering despite a working connection
Audio problems can interfere with Airpod to Chromebook connection. You can address this by turning “Newblue” using the chrome OS flag. Navigate to Chrome>>flags>>Newblue and activate it. Next, you’ll have to restart the Chromebook and relax till the flag activates before you proceed. This method would help to address audio problems.
3. Unsynchronized Audio
Covering both earbuds may help link the Chromebook to the Airpod, but the audio in either ear is out of sync. Now that the earphones have been exposed, the Airpod may be repaired and synced again. Place the AirPods in the case for a few seconds and see if it helps.
4. Chromebook and Airpod don’t work together at all
This situation has been reported a few times, so it’s pretty rare. You’ll need to get a new set of wireless earbuds to resolve this.
Frequently asked questions
Why are my Airpods not connecting to my Chromebook?
If you’re experiencing this problem, try turning off your Chromebook Bluetooth and turning it on again. Afterward, try pairing the Airpods and the Chromebook. You can also restart your Chromebook by pressing and holding the power button. After it goes off, could you turn it on again?
Why are my AirPods paired but not connected?
If the OS/firmware on your devices is outdated, your AirPods may be paired but not connected. Also, see if repairing the devices fixes the problem. Ensure you’re signed in to your Microsoft account in the system’s Settings.
Why is my Bluetooth paired but not connected?
Perhaps one of the devices is out of range or not in pairing mode, and you’ll be unable to connect to it. If you’re having trouble keeping your Bluetooth devices connected, try rebooting them or setting your phone or tablet to “forget” the connection.
Why is my Bluetooth not working on my Chromebook?
Make sure your system is up to date. Install any available updates. Turn off Bluetooth and then on again. Turn your Chromebook off and turn it on again.
Do Chromebooks have Bluetooth headphones?
Although not all Chromebooks have Bluetooth, most do for peripherals such as keyboards, speakers, and headphones. You should quickly and simply couple your devices with your Chromebook as long as it has Bluetooth capability.
What headphones are compatible with Chromebooks?
Your Chromebook is compatible with any headset that has a 3.5mm connector. If your Chromebook has Bluetooth capabilities, you can use one of our popular Bluetooth headphones.
Where are the audio settings on Chromebook?
Quick settings let you adjust the level of your microphone, speaker, and other devices. Set the Chromebook’s volume to a comfortable level.
- Select the time at the bottom right of the screen.
- To change audio settings, click on the volume slider.
- Drag the microphone slider to the left or right under “Input.”