While AirPods are designed for Apple products, it’s compatible with other devices like Android Smartphones and TVs. Compared to Apple Watch, the wireless Bluetooth earbuds connect seamlessly with these devices.
Are AirPods Compatible with Non-Apple Products?
Many assume that the removal of the headphone jack from the iPhone 7 will restrict connection with non-Apple devices. Contrary to the assumption, AirPods work with any Bluetooth-enabled device. Thus, AirPods is compatible with Android phones, Macintosh devices, Personal computers, Windows phones, and game consoles with Bluetooth.
How to Connect AirPods to Samsung TV
Like AirPods pairing with other non-Apple devices, they connect with Samsung TV in the same way. AirPods are similar to Bluetooth headsets though they differ in terms of additional features. These features allow Apple users to pair their devices effectively.
So, how do you connect AirPods to Samsung TV?
- Ensure your Bluetooth is enabled and working. To enable Bluetooth, go to Settings.
- Behind the AirPods is a small button. Press and hold down the button till the earbuds in the case reflect LED light flash. The LED light flash indicates that your Bluetooth and AirPods are paired.
- Check your TV screen for the AirPods name. Select the device name from the available devices displayed on the TV screen.
Note: Typically, the TV’s default volume is loud when paired with AirPods and other earphones. Check the TV volume when in use. Exposure to loud volume for a long time can lead to ear damage.
How to Connect AirPods to Samsung Smart TV
Different Samsung Smart TVs have various ways of pairing AirPods to the TV. Let’s consider some of the various TVs and how they are paired.
Samsung H Series (2014)
- Locate the menu button on your TV remote. Press it, then select Sound from the drop-down menu.
- Next, select Speaker Settings from the wide range of options.
- Set your AirPods in the pairing mode.
- Reboot your TV and select the TV Sound Connect. Search for the AirPods on your TV screen.
- Select the AirPods name and activate pairing with your Smart TV.
Samsung K Series (2016)
- Ensure your Smart TV and AirPods are powered and in pairing mode.
- Press the TV menu button on the remote.
- Scroll through the drop-down menu and locate the Sound option.
- Select Sound and choose Expert Settings.
- Select Wireless Speaker Manager from the display menu, then choose the Bluetooth Audio Devices setting.
- You’ll get a display of available and nearby Bluetooths.
- Find your AirPods name, select it, and have it paired to your Smart Tv.
Samsung New TVs (2020, 2021)
- Navigate through your TV and select the Sources option.
- Choose the Connection settings
- From the drop-down menu, select the Audio and Bluetooth option.
- Select Setup Now
- At this point, activate pairing mode on your AirPods.
- Scan your TV for nearby Bluetooth devices.
- Scroll through the devices and select the AirPods name. This activates the pairing mode. Your Samsung TV and AirPods are now connected.
By now, you should know how to connect AirPods to Samsung TV. Don’t forget AirPods are compatible with any Bluetooth-enabled device. Pairing devices is quite easy, just follow instructions, and you won’t have difficulty setting up your devices. Also, you’ll need to know your AirPods name to aid the connection process.
What to do If AirPods isn’t Pairing with Samsung TV?
Sometimes, you might have issues connecting AirPods to Samsung TV. If this happens, try the following:
- First, reset the AirPods. To do this, switch off the Bluetooth to stop the pairing and place the AirPods back in its case. Wait for some time, then start the connection process again.
- Check that your TV volume is within the recommended volume for listening. Note that a fluctuating volume can affect sound transmission.
- If the first and second tips don’t work, disconnect the devices. Like 2-3 feet away from the TV, try pairing the Airpods and TV again.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What should I do if my AirPods aren’t connecting to my Samsung TV?
It’s best you reset your devices. To do this, turn off your Bluetooth and deactivate the pairing mode. Re-enable your Bluetooth and start the pairing process. Check the TV screen for a display of the available devices. If your device isn’t among the listed devices, restart your TV. Check again for the AirPods name among the devices. Once visible, connect the AirPods to the television.
Which device is compatible with AirPods?
Besides Samsung TV, other devices that work with AirPods include Android phones, Mac computers, Personal computers, video game consoles, and any Bluetooth-enabled device.