Amazon Fire Stick, also called Firestick, is a streaming media device that creates an immersive cinematic experience. With a Firestick, you can stream your favourite shows and movies. The device comes with remote control with a voice control feature.
From checking the weather to accessing your favourite apps and dimming light, there’s a lot you can do with a Fire Stick remote.
An impressive feature of Fire Stick is the ability to control the TV volume. This is a plus as you won’t have to shuffle between controlling your Fire Stick remote and TV remote. Here’s how to connect the Fire Stick remote to the TV volume.
How Fire Stick Connection Works
Fire Stick is designed like a USB flash drive connected to your TV’s HDMI port. The compact device can turn any regular TV into a smart TV. Fire Stick is a repository for all contents like TV shows, movies, music, games and photos. Supported by Amazon cloud-based voice service, Fire Stick controls Alexa built-in devices. Here’s how to set up your Fire Stick.
- Plug the Stick into your TV’s HDMI port.
- Switch on the TV and check if the stick is inserted correctly in the right port.
- Follow on-screen instructions with remote
- Enter your WiFi password
- Sign in to your Amazon account
- Once setup is completed, you can proceed to download streaming services like Netflix, Hulu, etc.
- Switch in between apps by scrolling to the right or left.
How To Use Fire Stick Remote to Control TV Volume
Most Amazon Fire Stick remotes come with a mute button, volume rocker, and an on/off power button for the TV. Before connecting Fire Stick remote with TV volume, check that the TV supports HDMI-CEC.
Also, find out if Fire Stick remote allows connection with a CEC-compatible port. HDMI-CEC is a feature of HDMI that supports the control of multiple devices with a remote.
You can control about 15 devices using this feature. It’s quite easy to connect your Fire Stick remote with your TV volume. Here’s how to pair the Fire Stick remote with TV to control volume.
- Press the Home button on your Fire Stick remote or navigate to the home screen.
- Select Settings
- Scroll to the right part of the screen and choose Equipment Control
- Select TV
- You’ll be redirected to another interface where you’ll choose your TV brand
- Press the power button to switch off the TV
- After 10 seconds, press the power button again to start the TV.
- Once TV boots, a pop-up question will show asking, “Did your TV turn off and then back on when you pressed the Power button?”
- Depending on the situation, choose Yes or No. If your TV was responsive to the command, select Yes. Meanwhile, if it didn’t come back on, you might have to try the pairing process repeatedly for a successful outcome.
- Toggle the volume up and volume down button while music is playing in the background.
- If the music volume changes, select Yes
- If it doesn’t, choose No and restart the process again.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup
Sometimes, you may have to repeat the setup process before it eventually works.
Perhaps you have the 2nd generation Fire Stick supported by Alexa; you can control your TV volume through voice commands. All you need to do is press the microphone button on the remote. This activates Alexa, changing your TV volume.
How to control TV volume via Alexa for Older Firestick Models
If you have an older Firestick remote, you can control volume through the Echo device or Amazon Echo. Amazon Echo is a set of smart speakers connected to virtual assistant technology, Alexa.
You can control TV volume by talking to Alexa. While the device isn’t compatible with all televisions, check that your TV supports it. Connecting your Fire Stick to TV volume is quite an easy process.
Plus, the convenience of controlling your TV and Fire Stick with a remote. To use Fire Stick, you need an Amazon account, wireless connection, and an HDMI port in your TV.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Why doesn’t my Fire Stick remote control the volume on my TV?
There are many reasons Fire Stick remote may not control the TV volume. This includes compatibility issues, plugging Fire Stick into the wrong HDMI port, battery problems and object interference.
How do I know if my TV is compatible with Amazon Fire Stick?
To know if your TV is compatible with Amazon Fire Stick, check that it has an HD or HDMI port. Your TV must also be connected to a wireless network, and you need to have an Amazon account to use the Fire Stick.
How do I set up my Fire Stick remote to control TV volume?
Check if the Fire Stick model is compatible with TV volume. Look for volume buttons on the remote. This will determine if the remote supports TV volume. Follow the already outlined steps to set it up if supported.