Knowing how to connect your Samsung TV To wifi will ultimately give a better viewing experience.
Before Connecting, Here is What You Need;
- An internet connection
- A wireless router or access point
- Look through the user manual for your Samsung Smart TV to see which adapters are compatible with it. You may also purchase this adaptor on Amazon, and it works with the majority of Samsung TV models.
- Keep your encryption key handy (wifi password),
- SSID (Service Set Identifier) is the unique name of your network.
- Wireless network encryption type (WEP, WPA, etc.)
Once you’ve completed these steps, you’re ready to move on to the next phase.
How to set up your wifi at home before connecting Samsung TV To Wifi
- Choose the finest spot for your wireless router. The best location is in the middle of the room, away from any impediments that could produce wireless interference.
- Turn the modem off. Before connecting your device, turn off your internet service provider’s cable, fiber, or DSL modem.
- Connect the modem and router. Connect an Ethernet wire to the router’s WAN port (usually included with the router). Then connect the Ethernet cable’s opposite end to the modem.
- Connect the router to a personal computer, then connect one end of another Ethernet cable to the router’s LAN port (any port will suffice) and the other end to a laptop’s Ethernet port. This wiring is only temporary; after you’ve set up the network, you’ll unplug the wire.
- Connect the modem, router, and computer to the Internet. It is preferable if you turn on these devices in the correct order. First, turn on the modem. Turn on the router once all of the modem lights.
- Go to the router’s management web page. Open browser access the router management page’s IP address. This piece of information can be found in the router’s documentation (typically something along the lines of 192.168.1.1). The manual also contains the login details.
- Change the router’s default administrator password (and username). This parameter is usually found in the Management tab or the router administration page section. Create a solid password that you will remember.
- WPA2 encryption is now available. This is a crucial stage. This parameter can be found in the router management page’s wireless security section. Choose an encryption method and create a passphrase with at least eight characters.
- Choose a unique name for your SSID (Service Set Identifier) on the router management page’s wireless network information section to make it easier to recognize your network.
- On the PC, set up the wireless adapter. Remove the cable that connects the computer and router after saving the router’s configuration settings. If your laptop doesn’t have a wireless adapter installed or built-in, you’ll need to use a USB or PC card wireless adapter.
How To Connect Samsung TV To Wifi
Switch on your Samsung Smart TV
The first step on how to connect your Samsung Tv to wifi is to turn on the television, then press the power button at the back or use your remote control.
Samsung produces a variety of TV models, and these instructions were written with these differences in mind.
However, if you cannot locate the menu options mentioned in this article, you should consult the handbook that came with your smart TV.
You’ll be able to quickly find out the matching terms in these steps.
Go to the Home menu
You can access the home menu by pressing one of the three buttons shown below:
Next, click on the “general option.“
Select the wifi to connect to
Click on “network Setting.“
When asked to choose a network type, select wifi (wireless), a list of wifi networks will appear. If you can’t find your wifi network (SSID) in the list, you’ll need to use the access point to reset it.
If your Samsung Smart TV were manufactured in 2019, it would likely support both 2.4 GHz and 5GHz networks. In contrast, if your Samsung smart TV was manufactured in 2018, it will only support a 2.4 GHz wifi network. NU730D, NU7300, NU7100, and NU710D are some of the 2018 Samsung smart TV models.
Choose wifi Network
Now is the time to choose your wifi network. If your wifi network is password secured, a dialog box will display on the screen requesting you to input the password.
Enter wifi Password
Enter your wifi password and click ‘Done.’ You’ll use your remote control to enter the password. The encryption key is sometimes known as a password.
The numbers can be entered using the number keys on the remote, while the letters must be entered using the arrow keys.
The letter will be highlighted, and you will have the option to select it. Enter the code. Your smart TV will seek to join the wifi network as soon as you do this.
Wait a minute
Check to see if your TV connects to the wireless network after a few seconds or a minute. If your TV can not connect to wifi, you must change the IP address settings in the network setup. You may be prompted to enter the data manually.
Return to the Network Screen by pressing the “Return Button.”
When you choose the network testing option, your Samsung Smart TV will run a test to confirm that the connection between your Samsung TV and router is functional in both directions.
If the test fails, double-check that the information you submitted as your SSID and encryption key is correct.
Turn the smart TV off. Remove the access point/router and modem from the network. Wait around 30 seconds before reconnecting the router/access point and modem.
After that, turn on your Samsung Smart TV. Rerun the test.
You will get a prompt saying that your Samsung Smart TV has successfully connected with your wireless internet connection. Select the OK option as soon as you see this.
You may now use your Samsung Smart TV to access various services that require internet connectivity. With your wifi network. As soon as you see that, select the OK option.
Now you are free to use all the bunch of services that require internet access on your Samsung Smart TV.
If you face wifi connectivity issues with your Samsung TV, follow the steps below;
- You should turn your smart TV off briefly, then switch it on again.
- Check your wifi device to ensure it is working correctly.
- Check the settings of your wifi Using your wireless network. Select the OK option as soon as you see that.
- You can now use all of your Samsung Smart TV services that require internet access.
- Check the settings of your wifi router.
Using a smart Samsung TV that connects to your wireless network can provide several benefits. We all enjoy binge-watching and streaming our favorite shows on the large screen, and smart TV makes this possible.
We can connect your wifi and Smart TV to access the features of the Internet on the big screen of your home.
How to connect Samsung smart TV to wifi without adapter
- Turn on your television and use the remote control to go through the menus.
- Navigate to “Network” and then “Network Setting” in the menu box. To proceed to the next page of options, select next.
- After selecting WIFI and clicking “Next,” a unique window will appear.
- There will be a white box in the new window to type your network password.
- After you’ve entered the SSID, hit Next to connect your TV to the wireless network.
Try the second method if you’re still having trouble connecting your Samsung Smart TV to the Internet.
Although this technique is a little confusing, it is the quickest way to connect your TV to the Internet without an adapter.
With this method, you won’t have to manually do anything on the TV because it will automatically connect to your wifi network. However, you must ensure that your router has a “WPS” button for this technique to work.
- Go to your Samsung TV’s network settings and select “WPS” before pressing the next button.
- Press the “WPS” button on the router and hold it for a few seconds to connect it automatically.
How to connect your Samsung Tv using wifi Direct
Wifi Direct is a wireless technology that allows two devices to connect directly without using a wireless router. It’s similar to Bluetooth in that each wifi Direct compatible device must be introduced to the other and a connection established.
Users on the road can utilize notebooks and netbooks and smartphones and tablets to print papers, share data, sync files, and show information. Wifi Direct products can connect to other wireless devices without connecting to a typical wireless network or wifi hotspot.
- Select Menu > Network > wifi Direct on your Samsung TV to enable wifi Direct.
- On the mobile device, turn on wifi Direct. The TV will scan for and display a list of available devices automatically.
- On the mobile device, the TV name will also appear.
To start a connection, choose a device from the list. When the TV makes a connection request, a permission notification shows on a smartphone, and vice versa. Accept the request for the smartphone to be connected to the TV.