We know the majority of people like to watch movies in the cinema. Even so, there are still people like me who don’t feel comfortable in cinemas. At home, you can watch new release movies on platforms like Netflix, and amazon prime.
You can’t fully enjoy a movie on the small screen of a computer, laptop, or mobile. Thanks to technology, we have smart TVs which you can connect to your computer, laptops, or even smartphones and watch movies with the best picture quality in your home.
If you have no idea about the connecting procedure of a smart TV and computer, you’re at the right place! This article will show you the different ways to connect the computer to Samsung smart TV.
How to Connect Your Computer to Samsung smart TV
1. Connect your computer to Samsung smart TV via Google Chromecast
Google Chromecast is a device used to connect Smart TV to your computer, mobile, tablet, etc. you can buy this device easily online.
Get a Chromecast.
Install the latest chrome version.
Open the Google Chrome browser.
Click on the three dots (Menu) in the top right corner.
Choose the Cast option.
After that you’ll see your Chromecast name but before choosing it select the Source option and choose Cast Desktop.
Then click on your Chromecast name.
After that, a message will pop up on your screen. Click on Share audio and then Share.
2. Connect your Computer to Samsung via HDMI wire or wireless cable
HDMI is the fastest and easiest way to connect the computer to Samsung smart TV. You just have to follow these two steps to connect your computer to Smart tv.
Check the backside of your smart TV and PC. Find HDMI ports and connect them.
Hold your remote, push the Source button and select the HDMI option.
3. HDMI Wireless Cable
You can also connect your Computer to Samsung smart TV by using IOGEAR Wireless Kit.
Connect one box with your Samsung smart TV and the other with your Computer.
After that just Find the right HDMI channel.
- There can be 2 or 3 HDMI ports on the back of the Smart TV. Insert HDMI cable in one of them and remember the port number.
- If your computer doesn’t have an HDMI port then buy a USB-to-HDMI adapter.
3. Connect your computer To Samsung smart TV via screen sharing
Screen sharing is a process of sharing your computer, mobile, tablet, and Laptop screen without using any cable.
Connect your Samsung smart TV and computer with the same Wi-Fi network.
Open your computer and download Samsung Smart view software.
Install the Samsung smart view app on your computer.
Open the menu setting in Samsung smart TV, choose the Network option.
Then click on Network Status.
Now, this is the time to open Samsung Smart view software on your computer and select connect to TV option.
The last step is to enter a pin code which you can easily saw on your TV.
4. Window 10 Screen mirroring feature
The process of connecting the computer to the Samsung smart TV is quite easy if you’re a window 10 user. Just follow these steps:
- Open your computer and smart TV. Ensure that both are connected to the same Wi-Fi network or not. If not then connect to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Go to Setting then Devices and select Bluetooth and other devices.
- Select the first option “Add Bluetooth or other devices”.
- Then choose Wireless Display or dock and wait until the scan is complete.
- After scanning, choose your TV Name and click Allow.