Over the years, Disney+ has been a go-to source for all Star Wars, Marvel, and Mickey Mouse-related content. If you are a lover of Disney movies or your kids are, you definitely must have an account and an active subscription.
Most times, watching content on a small screen can be pretty tiring. The hurdle now is how to get Disney+ on your Samsung TV.
Fortunately, you can always cast your favorite Disney content on a big screen. There are currently different ways to get Disney+ on Samsung TV, and this article will be recommending some of them.
An Overview of Disney+
Disney+ offers outstanding streaming services for audio and video enthusiasts at an affordable price. Most Disney+ contents include 4k, HDR video quality, Dolby Vision, and Dolby Atmos audio quality.
Generally, this means that with a compatible TV with features like a 4K, HDR TV, and Dolby Atmos audio setup, you can enjoy any Disney+ content on your TV.
With the Disney+ app, you can enjoy your favorite content remotely without stress. You get to enjoy all these perks at a small fee of $7.99 a month. In addition, you can take advantage of the streaming bundle deal, which gets you Hulu, ESPN+, and Disney+ for only $13.99 a month.
The parental control feature on Disney+ is quite strong, so most available content is usually suitable for audiences of all ages.
However, there is an option for subscribers to set access limits on mature content. Also, subscribers can activate a PIN-protected profile. This profile does not in any way affect the already existing Kid Profile. If you don’t already have a Disney+ account, skip to how to create one further down this article.
How to Get Disney+ on Samsung TV Via App
To fully optimize your viewing experience, we always recommend that your smart TV should be running on the latest operating system and that it is connected to a high-speed network.
The easiest way to get Disney+ on your Samsung TV is by downloading the app on your TV. The Disney+ app is available for download on all Smart Samsung TVs starting from 2006 models.
Below is a step-by-step guide on how to download the Disney+ app on your Samsung TV:
- Connect your TV is a network
- Using your TV remote, select the Apps icon
- Search for Disney+ in the search box
- Click on the Disney+ icon and add it to home – this action will download and install the Disney+ app
- Open the app and sign up to Disney+ if you do not have an account or sign in if you have an account
Once you complete the steps described above, you can create your profile(s) and customize your settings. Note that if the Disney+ app does not pop up when you search for it, that means that your Samsung TV is not compatible with the app or the app is not available in your region.
How to Get Disney+ on Samsung TV using a Chromecast
Older models of Samsung TVs are not compatible with the Disney+ app. If you have one of those old Samsung TVs, don’t fret, you can still enjoy your Disney+ content on your TV.
However, you will have to invest in an external device that is compatible with the app. For instance, you can get a streaming device like an Amazon Fire TV, Roku, or Chromecast. You can connect these devices to your TV using an HDMI cable to cast from your smart gadget to your TV.
Below is a step by step on how to go about it:
- Connect your Chromecast to your TV using an HDMI cable
- Log in to your Disney+ app from the smart gadget
- Click on the Chromecast icon at the top right corner of your smart device
- Select your TV from the list of available devices
- Then select the video you want to cast to your TV screen
- Press Play on your smart device to cast the video to your TV
You can follow this process for your other streaming devices.
How to Create an Account on Disney+
As a first-timer to the Disney+ platform, you must sign up/create an account. Generally, signing up means creating an account with the streaming platform to access any content. Below is a guide on how to create an account on Disney+:
- Open a tab on your browser and to the Disney+ home page
- Select Get the Disney bundle or Sign up for Disney+ Only
- Input your email address
- Click Agree & continue
- Enter a password – ensure the password is something you can remember.
- Input your billing information
- Then click on Agree & Subscribe
Once you are done with the process described above, you will receive a mail containing your activation. Then you can proceed to log in to your account to start your viewing experience.
How to Log in to Disney+
If you already have a Disney+ account, below is a step on how to log in to your account:
- Enter your email address linked with the account
- Then input the password to the account
- If you have previously created a profile, proceed to choose your profile and start streaming.
Disney+ has always been the go-to platform for all Star Wars, Marvel, Mickey Mouse-related content. And enjoying the whole viewing experience comes with you having the content on a large screen.
With a smart Samsung TV, getting Disney plus is seamless if you follow the right steps. Not to worry if your TV is not compatible with the app; you can still stream Disney+ using a streaming device as most of these devices comes with an app store.