Vizio TVs often don’t come with many apps, so users need to download them. Downloading apps on your Vizio TV is straightforward if your remote has the V Button. More so if Vizio doesn’t support the app.
Due to their high quality and reasonable costs, Vizio smart TVs have gained in popularity over the years. Unfortunately, Vizio TVs are not supported by Android, and users cannot download apps from the Play store due to not having an Android operating system. In this article, you’ll learn how to download apps on your Vizio TV without using the V button.
How do I download Apps on my Vizio TV without the V Button? – 4 Ways
1. You can use the Vizio Internet Apps (Plus) Platform to download apps
- First, connect your Vizio TV to the internet.
- Press ‘Home’ twice on your TV remote.
- Now, the apps you’ve installed on your TV would display on a new screen. All apps and categories will be available under the “All Apps” tab.
- Search the Featured, Latest, Apps, and Categories sections to find the App you want to use on your TV. You can also use the search function to look for a particular program.
- Hold your TV remote’s OK button for a few seconds after selecting an app and pressing it to begin the installation.
2. You can download apps on Vizio TVs by making use of Screencast
Because Vizio TVs have a limited number of apps, you may not utilize the same apps on your TV that you want. Taking advantage of Screencast is the most efficient and straightforward way.
The Screencast feature on most Vizio TVs makes it simple to project an app’s screen from your smartphone or tablet onto your TV. In this case, we’ll use a Vizio TV as our source device and see how Screencasting works.
It would be best to connect Vizio TV and mobile device to the same wifi network. You must be on the same network for your mobile device to readily discover your TV’s wireless display.
Take a look at the App you’ll be casting from. As an example, open the YouTube app and touch the Connect to the device icon in the upper right-hand corner.
Once your TV appears in the list of available wireless displays on the same network, select it to begin Screencasting to your Vizio TV.
3. Using a Laptop to share screen on Vizio TVs
If you have a Windows 10 laptop, you can Screencast the screen’s contents to a television, and this is how it’s done. Your computer should be linked to the same wifi network as your Vizio TV, just like your mobile devices.
On your laptop, open the Google Chrome browser and pick the three-dot menu at the browser’s upper right. It is possible to use a browser with the same characteristics as Google Chrome.
Select “Casting” from the drop-down menu. As a result, it will start searching for your wireless display. Afterward, you can share your browser’s screen or the entire system, including audio. It would be best to link the Vizio TV and laptop to the same wifi network for the mobile cast.
4. iPhone/iPad screen sharing on Vizio TVs
In addition to Airplay 2, Apple’s version of screen mirroring, Vizio TVs have Airplay 2. You can use Screencasting on an iPhone to run apps on Vizio TVs.
- Look for the Apple Airplay symbol on your iPhone or iPad in the streaming app.
- Once you’ve tapped on it, your device will begin searching for your wifi television, and you must connect your devices to the same network.
- You may now stream content directly from your phone or tablet to your television, and music and photographs can both be streamed to the big screen in the same way.
Frequently asked questions
Where is the V button on my Vizio remote?
The location of the V button on your remote will vary depending on the type. However, the V button is often located under up/down and OK buttons. It has a V icon and is easy to spot.
If your Vizio remote doesn’t have a V button, you might need to get a new one. We recommend the New VIZIO Universal Remote Control.
Can you download more apps on a vizio smart tv?
Definitely! However, for apps that don’t come with your Vizio TV, you might need to take some extra steps to download them. We’ve created a guide on downloading apps on your Vizio tv.
How can I add apps to my Vizio Smart TV without App Store?
- On your remote control, press the V button twice.
- VIA Plus Apps Window will show up in full-screen mode, and you’ll be able to see your installed applications under the “My Apps” option.
- To find the App you’re looking for, use the Recents or Categories tabs.
Why won’t my Vizio TV let me download apps?
You may need to reboot your network if your Vizio TV isn’t downloading any apps. Unplugging the router’s power cord from the wall outlet will restart it. You should disconnect the device from the power source for 10 seconds before reconnecting and restarting before attempting another download.
You may also need to update your TV to the latest firmware. To do this, simply press the ‘Home’ button on your Vizio remote, select ‘System’ > ‘Check for Updates’ and your TV will then check for updates and install them automatically, if any.
How do I get to the menu on Vizio TV without a remote?
Check for physical buttons on your TV if you’ve misplaced your remote control or notice there isn’t one on your Vizio remote, for example. On many Vizio, Philips, and Samsung TV models, the buttons are situated at the bottom of the screen.