Streaming devices such as the Firestick, Chromecast, Roku have transformed how we access online content via our TVs. You can turn any old TV into a Smart TV as long as the TV has an HDMI port.
There are currently several ways to watch online content on your TV. While most Smart TVs come with pre-loaded apps, you will have to use a dongle to access online content.
The Amazon Fire Stick is a game-changer; it allows you to connect your TV seamlessly to the internet. Even with the ease at which this device works, sometimes it acts up.
The most prominent issue with the Amazon Fire Stick is the lack of signal. Most users get the No Signal prompt from their Fire Stick and don’t know what to do. We will be recommending five fixes for Fire Stick no signal issue.
Amazon Fire TV Stick
The Amazon TV Fire Stick is a USB-sized device. This device is plugged into an HDMI port on the TV, and it gives users access to stream content online over a Wi-Fi connection.
With Fire Stick, you can surf and access different applications on your TV. The Fire Stick is available to everybody; however, being an Amazon Prime subscriber is an added perk. As an Amazon Prime member, your Fire TV Stick comes pre-registered to your account.
Also, the Fire Stick features a Remote Control that allows you to control the TV. Generally, the Fire Stick device has a unique interface, and alongside its remote control, it is easy to set up. The portability and affordability of this device make it a top contender amongst other streaming devices.
10 Causes of Amazon Fire Stick No Signal Issue
If you are experiencing a signal issue on your Fire Stick device, the chances are that you are not alone. Tons of reasons could be causing this issue, and some of them include:
- Poor network
- Broken Fire Stick
- HDCP issues
- Hardware issues
- Faulty HDMI cable/port
- Fire Stick incompatibility with the TV set
- Internet connectivity issues
- Unstable power supply
- Wrong cable connection
- Unresponsive Fire Stick
5 Ways to Fix Fire Stick No Signal Issue
Below are five ways to troubleshoot and fix your Fire Stick with no signal issue:
1. Check the HDMI Cables and Ports
The issue might be from the HDMI cable or ports. When you connect the wrong input into the HDMI, you will get the no signal error message. To resolve this, you either need to change the HDMI cable or do the following:
- Check if the HDMI cable is connected to the Port firmly
If the cable is appropriately connected and still showing the error message, test the cable on another port. If it does not work, then you need to replace the cable.
- Switch HDMI Port.
If the issue is not from the cable, then the Port might be faulty. Switch to another HDMI port on the TV.
A reboot is generally an easy fix. You can troubleshoot your Amazon Fire Stick by rebooting it. To do this
- Power off the TV
- Remove the HDMI Fire Stick from the HDMI port
- Disconnect the Amazon Fire Stick from its power source
- Wait for about ten minutes
- Then power on the TV
- Long press the Home Button on the Amazon Fire Stick Remote
The above steps should fix the no signal issue on your Fire. However, if it doesn’t, check out other solutions below.
3. Check your Network Settings
Alternatively, you can check your network settings. To do this:
- Go to the Fire Stick home screen
- Select System Menu
- Then navigate to the network
- Click on the Play and Pause button repeatedly for about 30 to 40 seconds
The process above will troubleshoot any related problem by diagnosing the setting of the network.
4. Modify the Screen Resolution
The resolution on your screen can affect the streaming of the Amazon Fire Stick. If the resolution is incorrect or un-adaptive, you will need to modify it to be compatible with your Fire Stick. To do that,
- From your Fire Stick Remote, press Up and Rewind
- Select Use current resolution
The process above will automatically use a resolution that is compatible with your Fire Stick.
5. Check your Internet Connection
An unstable internet can mess up the signal of your Fire Stick. It is always advisable to check that your network connection is strong and correctly connected to your device. Below are a few tricks to restore your internet connection:
- Move the Fire Stick closer to the router
- Hardwire the Fire Stick directly to the router or modem by using an Amazon Ethernet Adapter for the device
- Carry out a power cycle on the router or modem
- If you have a dual-band router, switch the channels
- Do a factory reset of the Amazon Fire Stick
- Forget the network on your device and reconnect again
The solutions above will most likely resolve the no signal issue on your Fire Stick. However, if it doesn’t, then it might be a hardware-related problem. To resolve that, you will need to contact the Amazon support team.