Vizio TVs are pre-programmed to work with a range of applications. They work similarly to any app-enabled smartphone, tablet, or device. The software runs on a connection and saves and stores data without the use of a hard drive. On Vizio TV, YouTube and other streaming services like Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Prime are simple to set up.
This article will walk you through different methods on how you can access YouTube on your Vizio Tv.
Setting up YouTube on a Vizio Tv
You can use a wireless remote or the Vizio control panel to set up new applications. When you connect YouTube to your Vizio TV, you’ll be able to watch free videos on your big screen. You can also buy paid content directly from YouTube. The YouTube rental library has a large selection of new releases and blockbuster hits.
Adding YouTube to your smart Vizio television is easy. Vizio makes use of the Yahoo Connected Store, which works similarly to Android Play or iTunes on iOS.
- On your remote control, look for the VIA button. It’s the double arrow pointing downward (not the down navigation or reduced volume)
- To open the menu, select the VIA button and then the Widgets option.
- You can also choose Install App without going through the widget options on the latest versions. Otherwise, you’ll have to scroll through the Widgets before finding the YouTube app and then choose the Install App option from that menu.
- If you go straight to the Install App menu, you’ll have to browse through the available applications to find YouTube and install it. You’ll see a widget on your app screen once it’s been installed. Add this to your computer to access and use YouTube.
How to install apps to your SmartCast-enabled Vizio smart TV
Although you can access YouTube through Chromecast on the Vizio Tv, many people are more comfortable using it directly as an app. When you use a native app, you don’t have to fiddle with your phone while watching something. It also means you’ll be able to manage things with proper remote control.
SmartCast TVs come preloaded with a range of essential applications. You can choose these directly, but you can also access a different set of apps to cast to your display or TV.
However, if you want to cast apps that aren’t on the core list or the preselected mobile apps eligible for immediate casting, you’ll need to download them to your smartphone first, just as you would with a Chromecast unit.
It ensures that any applications you install on your TV that aren’t on the Core Apps list will live on your mobile, and you’ll have to cast them.
Follow the step-by-step guide to install YouTube on your Vizio Tv.
- The software installation procedure is identical to that of a Chromecast system.
- Go to the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store to download the app.
- For casting, choose a Chromecast-enabled app from the list.
- Select the ‘Install’ option.
- The app is now incorporated into your smartphone’s cast selection after installation.
- To cast an app, open it and tap the Cast logo (the same one used by Chromecast) at the top of the screen.
- After you start a cast and your content starts playing on the SmartCast TV or monitor, you can do multiple things on your smartphone like find more content to cast, make a phone call, turn the phone off, or even leave the house with your phone without interrupting play.
How to use it directly as an app if you have the latest model
Today, Vizio’s newest TV line has filled the void. For the latest versions, a native YouTube app is now available on the Vizio SmartCast input.
Press the giant V button in the center of your Vizio remote to activate it (or change to the SmartCast input). After that, choose the YouTube app, which is in-built.
You can watch all the videos you want to be signed out. Alternatively, you can sign in with your Google account, and you’ll have access to all of your subscriptions.