You can program your Xfinity Voice Remote to work with your TV and audio/video (AV) receiver, such as a Soundbar or other audio equipment.
All TV boxes and Digital Transport Adapters are compatible with the Xfinity remote (DTAs). There are Search, distinct Play, Pause, Stop, Favorites, and Swap buttons on the remote.
You can use your Xfinity remote to control Flex streaming devices and Xfinity X1, which allows you to control the TV Box even if it’s hidden away in an entertainment center or another room (up to 50 feet away).
You can use the model number on the back panel or within the battery compartment of an Xfinity remote to identify it.
How To Pair and Program an Xfinity Remote With a Setup Button
- Check if the remote batteries are in place and that your TV and TV Box are both turned on. Set the television’s input to the Xfinity TV Box’s input.
- Press and hold the Setup button on your remote until the red LED at the top turns green.
- Press the Xfinity button on the remote. The green LED will start flashing.
- Enter the three-digit pairing code on the screen according to the instructions.
- Once you enter the on-screen pairing code correctly, your remote gets linked with the TV Box.
Note: Press the Xfinity button again if you don’t get on-screen pairing instructions after touching it in step four. If there are many TVs, you may need to press the Xfinity button multiple times.
How To Pair and Program an Xfinity Voice Remote Without a Setup Button
- Make sure the batteries in the Voice Remote are in place and that your TV and TV Box are both turned on. Set the television’s input to the Xfinity TV Box’s input.
- Press and hold the Xfinity and Info buttons for five seconds. Wait for the red light on the Voice Remote to become green.
- Enter the three-digit pairing code according to the instructions on the screen.
- Once you correctly enter the on-screen pairing code, your Voice Remote connects with the TV Box.
- Once you pair your Voice Remote, follow the on-screen directions to set up power, volume, and input control for your TV.
Note: While the TV is turned on (You must first turn on the TV Box), press and hold the Xfinity and Mute buttons on the remote for five seconds until the light at the top turns green, then follow the on-screen instructions to pair the Voice Remote with your TV.
How To Pair XR15 Remote To A TV
Follow these steps to link the XR15 remote with your TV:
- Turn on the television.
- Change the television’s input to the Xfinity TV Box’s input.
- For roughly five seconds, press and hold the Xfinity and Info buttons together until the status LED at the top of the remote turns green.
- Enter the three-digit pairing code that appears on the screen.
- Now your XR15 remote has linked with your television.
- Once you successfully pair the remote, follow the directions on the screen to set up power, volume, and input control for your TV.
Troubleshooting Xfinity Remote Not Pairing
If the buttons on your Xfinity remote are not functioning as expected when you press them, troubleshoot using the methods below:
1. Troubleshoot Unresponsive Remote Buttons
- Press a button on the remote.
- Re-insert the batteries and try again if the LED does not flash at all.
- If the LED flashes red five times in response to any button press, the batteries are low and should be changed.
2. Factory Reset the Xfinity Voice Remote with a Setup Button
You may need to do a factory reset if the buttons on your Voice Remote are still unresponsive. To factory reset your Xfinity remote, follow these steps:
- Press and hold the Setup button until the red LED at the top of the remote turns green.
- Press the numbers 9-8-1 on the remote.
- The LED will blink green twice to signal that the remote has been reset.
- Your remote and TV Box will be unpaired after the factory reset, so you’ll have to pair them again.
3. Factory Reset the Xfinity Voice Remote without a Setup Button
If the buttons on your Voice Remote remain unresponsive after attempting the steps above, try the following:
- Press and hold the A (triangle) and D (diamond) buttons simultaneously for three seconds until the status light changes from red to green.
- Press the numbers 9-8-1 on your remote.
- The LED will blink blue three times to show that the remote has been reset.
- After the factory reset, you’ll need to repair your remote and TV Box.
How can I connect my Xfinity XR15 remote to my TV?
For roughly five seconds, press and hold the Xfinity and info buttons together until the status LED at the top of the remote turns green. You must enter the three-digit pairing code that appears on the screen. Now, you have linked your XR15 remote with your television.
What are the ABCD buttons on the Xfinity remote?
The A key is set to Help, B to Day-, C to Day+, and D to Descriptive Video Service (DVS) on/off by default. These buttons can be programmed to playback, switch to Xfinity On Demand, go ahead 24 hours in the On-Screen Guide, and more.
How do I get the volume to work on my Xfinity remote?
For 5 seconds, press and hold the Xfinity and Mute buttons together until the LED becomes GREEN. Enter the code provided in the CodeFinder tool on this page using the digit keys on the remote. Check that the remote operates the TV’s power and volume features as intended.
The aforementioned easy-to-follow instructions can help you program your Xfinity remote quickly. Take command of your TV settings, channel searches, and other fascinating remote functions with the help of this simple instruction. Got any ideas on how to pair the Xfinity remote? Please share in the comments.