The idea of viewing content from your desktop to your tv screen is an exciting one, especially with the convenience and entertainment the concept has to offer. And to think that it’s not limited to content stored on your device but content from the internet, for example, streaming YouTube videos and Netflix.
You can view anything from your device on your TV screen if you know how to mirror Chromebook to TV. You only need an HDMI cable and an adapter (if your device requires it), not including, of course, your TV and your Chromebook
One way to mirror Chromebook to TV is to use a cable, the other is a wireless method. Whichever method you use works ideally if things are done right, and the steps are followed religiously.
Below are the procedures you will follow to mirror Chromebook to TV for the wireless method and the wired method
If your device uses a Chrome OS, these methods and their steps will work perfectly for you, whether Toshiba, Google, Samsung, Acer, HP, Dell, or Lenovo.
Wired Method of Connecting Chromebook to TV
1. The first thing you will have to do is, of course, connect the Chromebook to your tv using an HDMI cable. This works if you find an HDMI port on your Chromebook. If not, you will need an adapter to sort this.
Plug each end of the cable into the HDMI port of the Chromebook and the TV. If you are using an adapter, plug the cable into the adapter, then plug the adapter into a USB-C port on your Chromebook and the other end of the cable into your tv.
It’s not a task to locate the HDMI ports of your devices. You can quickly find the HDMI port of your tv. It is usually located at the bottom, back, or sides of your tv screen. Locate the HDMI port of your Chromebook at the sides.
2. After you have sorted this, change the tv to the appropriate input channel. You will encounter something like this- HDMI 1, HDMI 2, depending on which HDMI port is in use.
The content on your desktop should automatically appear on your TV.
If the entire screen is not visible, which is a probability, you do not need to worry. You only have to make some changes in the system settings of your Chromebook.
3. You can do this by clicking on the Chromebook settings. Next, scroll down and select ‘device’ from the column that appears. After the command has been performed, the next thing you are to choose is ‘displays.’
4. At this point, you’re almost ready to go. The last action left to take is to tick the box beside ‘Mirror Internal Display.’ By now, you should have successfully mirrored your Chromebook to your tv. You should now be able to view your Chromebook screen on your TV.
Whatever action you take on your desktop will now be mirrored on your tv. You can now enjoy viewing Netflix and YouTube videos on TV and any other pleasure for your convenience and entertainment.
If for any reason, you cannot access an HDMI cable or you want to go wireless, the wireless method is another sure way to mirror your Chromebook to your TV.
Wireless Method of Connecting Chromebook to TV
1. For this method, you will not need a cable, but a Google Chromecast will come in handy. Start by connecting it to your TV’s HDMI port. Then, set your tv to the input channel of the Chromecast.
2. Next, on your Chromebook, go to your Chrome browser and select ‘cast.’
3. You are to follow the instructions that appear on your screen. This is to the end that your Chromecast device is setup
4. Click the lower-right side of your screen, on the bottom bar of your Chromebook, then select ‘cast devices available.’
5. Now, you can view the different casting positions. Make your choice and enjoy the ride.
Technology has come to make life easier and better. You are advantaged when you are able to get around the operations of some of these electronic devices. When you get fed up with sitting in front of your laptop screen, and you want to enjoy the convenience of viewing on your TV screen what is on your laptop, you know what to do.