Skullcandy earbuds function with noise-canceling. Smartphone producers remove the headphone jack to promote the usage of wireless headphones.
Linking your new wireless headphone to your device can get complicated. Before you pair Skullcandy Wireless Earbuds, note that these following steps will function with most speakers and headphones.
How to activate pairing mode for your Skullcandy earbuds
Like most headphones within the market, Skullcandy earbuds function with few buttons for simple customization; among them is the Power On/Off button.
First, activate the Bluetooth.
For most Skullcandy headphones, the Power button functions as a Bluetooth function trigger, but you can get devices with a separate button function for your Bluetooth. You can activate the Bluetooth function by tapping and holding the “Power/Bluetooth” button for 5 seconds.
When this feature gets activated, the LED will blink, which means the headphones are in pairing mode now. Note that the Power On/Off button beside the Skullcandy headset can customize the other modes.
- Find your Skullcandy earbuds on your device. After activating the pairing mode on your headset, set up the Bluetooth connection of your device. If you are using a laptop, phone, or any other device enabled by Bluetooth, ensure the visibility of your device. Note that if you do not set your device to visible, the Skullcandy wireless earbud will not find it. The headphone will only show available and paired devices.
How to pair Skullcandy Wireless Earbuds on iOS?
It is the same way you pair it on android. Move to “Settings” and activate Bluetooth. Search for the headset model in the ‘Other devices’ section and choose it.
How to pair Skullcandy Wireless Earbuds on Android
If you wish to pair your headset with android, move to settings to activate Bluetooth. After choosing “Pair new device,” a list of available and paired devices displays. If the model number of that headset displays, click on it, and that’s the primary process.
How to pair Skullcandy Wireless Earbuds on Windows 10
For laptops, you will have to tap the Bluetooth button of the toolbar. Then choose “Show Bluetooth Devices” and “Bluetooth and other devices.” A list of available devices will display; click the Skullcandy headset to begin pairing.
If you did not see the Bluetooth button on your toolbar, move to the taskbar under your display screen under the upward arrow.
Another way to get the Bluetooth functions on a laptop is to search for it on the Windows search box. Choose “Bluetooth and other devices” and choose your Skullcandy wireless earbuds.
How to pair Skullcandy Wireless Earbuds on Mac OS
To link your cellphones to a Mac:
Move to the Apple menu of your Mac. Choose “System Preferences,” Choose “Bluetooth.” Get your Skullcandy headset and tap “Connect” to pair successfully.
How to confirm successful pairing
There are many ways to know if you paired successfully or not. A beep sound may indicate it, or the LED will no longer blink. As you can see from the above, when you start the Bluetooth connection of the headset, the LED begins to blink.
When you finish the pairing process, the LED no longer blinks. Repeat the process if you finish the pairing without hearing a beep or see the LED no longer blinking. Reset it if it has not paired successfully.
Read the manual carefully to get the correct procedure. To reset the headset, you have to switch off the headset, hold down the “Minus and Plus” buttons simultaneously, and then wait to hear a double beep sound.
How to troubleshoot Skullcandy Wireless Earbuds Pairing Issues
You can use the following steps if you are having issues pairing it:
- Place the headphones inside the charging case.
- Take the model number of the headset in your computer/phone or mobile list.
- Switch off your computer/mobile phone’s Bluetooth mode.
- Power the right earbud by pulling it away from that case. It will not connect at this very point.
Power off and reset. Paring is successful when you see a red light; if you do not see it, it was not successful. Repeat the steps till you see that light, then put the earbud back into the carrying case.
- Repeat the steps with your left earphone.
- Remove the headphones in the box so they can power automatically and pair with one another.
- A beep sound indicates the buds are successfully paired. A voice prompt will tell you that “pairing is ready.” It means it is searching for your device.
- Re-enable your device’s Bluetooth mode to re-pair the headset.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you pair the Skullcandy earbud to more than one device?
You can pair it to multiple devices, linking your phone and computer simultaneously.
Can you reset your Skullcandy Bluetooth earbud?
You can reset Skullcandy by simultaneously holding down the “Minus and Plus” buttons and authorizing a double beep sound.