You can program your AT&T U-verse remote to control your TV, Blu-ray player, DVD player, stereo tuner, and other devices. The S10 and S20 remotes and the Silver and Point Anywhere remotes are currently available at AT&T U-verse.
The S10 and Silver versions of the game are programmed the same way. Look for the model number on the back of the remote before you begin to discover which model you have.
How to Manually Program Your Uverse Silver or S10 Remote to Your Device
NOTE: The remote control cannot be programmed when the battery power is low.
1. Look up the device’s four-digit code or codes in the AT&T Remote User Guide’s Manufacture Code List. More than one code may exist.
2. Press and hold the appropriate mode button on the remote (TV, DVD, or AUX) while simultaneously pressing and holding the “OK” button.
3. Release both buttons at the same time. You’ll know you’re in Programming Mode when the four-mode buttons on the remote flash twice. You now have 10 seconds to enter your device’s code.
4. Use the number pad on the remote to enter a code specific to your device’s brand. The mode button on the Silver remote glows three times if the code you entered is correct; it flashes once if the code you input is incorrect. If you enter the proper code, the mode key on the S10 remote flashes once; if you enter an incorrect code, it flashes eight times.
5. While aiming the remote at the device, press the “Power” button to verify proper operation. If your code is correct, the device will switch off. If the gadget still doesn’t switch off, try the next code on the list.
Using Auto Search to Program Your Uverse S10 or Silver Remote to Operate a TV, DVD Player, or Other Device
1. While aiming the remote at the device, press and hold the mode and “OK” buttons on the remote. The mode and “OK” buttons on the remote will flash twice to indicate it is in Program Mode. You will have 10 seconds to proceed to the next step.
2. On the Silver remote’s keypad, type “922.” If you enter this number correctly, all mode buttons will flash twice. Next, press and hold “Play” for DVD or TV mode.
Press and hold “Play” for AUX mode, then “1” for VCR, “2” for receiver or tuner, “3” for the amplifier, or “4” for HTIB (home theater in a box). If you typed this number correctly, the mode keys would flash twice. Finally, repeatedly press “FF” until the device goes off.
There is no need to enter any numbers on the S10 remote. Instead, keep pressing the “FF/Scan” key until the gadget shuts down.
3. To finish programming, press “Enter” at the bottom of the remote.
How to Manually Program Your Uverse Point Anywhere Remote
1. Find the code for your device in the Point Anywhere A30 remote user guide.
2. While aiming the remote at the device, press and hold the Mode and “OK” buttons on the remote. Every Mode button flashes twice. Two short beeps will indicate that the remote is in Programming Mode.
3. Select the appropriate model for your device: DVD, TV, or AUX. After that, push the number for your device while pointing the remote at it. When the gadget turns off or the audio device mutes, release the button. If you successfully programmed the remote, the mode button will flash twice, and the remote will beep twice.
Using Auto Search to Program Your Uverse Point Anywhere Remote
1. For three seconds, press and hold the “Menu” and “OK” buttons. It will beep twice and the four-mode keys will flash twice. You’ve entered the Programming Mode.
2. Select the appropriate model for your device: TV, DVD, or AUX. The Mode button will light up and stay lit up.
3. Aim the remote at the device you want to watch. Hold down the “FF” button. When the gadget goes off or the audio device mutes, release this button.
4. To turn on or unmute your audio device by pressing the “Power” button. Use the volume control to see if the programming was successful.
Programming the S20 Remote to a TV or Audio Device
1. For a list of codes for popular TVs, go to AT&T’s Quick Start Guide for the U-verse remote.
2. Hold down the “OK” and “Menu” buttons simultaneously until the Power button flashes twice, indicating programming mode. This step takes roughly three seconds on average.
3. Press the “On Demand” button; the Power button will flash, indicating that you’re in a Programming Mode.
4. Aim the remote at your TV. Press and hold your TV’s number that you indicated on the chart. When the TV goes off, release the button. Turn your TV on with the “Power” button on the remote and adjust the volume with the volume control.
5. To program an audio device, follow the same steps as above, but instead of pressing the “On Demand” button, press the “Interactive” button.
How do I program my AT&T Uverse remote to my TV?
Press and hold the Enter button while pressing and holding the mode button you want to assign to the device (TV, DVD, or AUX). Hold both buttons for a second before releasing them. To show that you’re in programming mode, the four-mode buttons on the remote control will flash twice.
How do I restart my AT&T Uverse remote?
To restart, hold down the POWER button for 10 seconds before pressing it again. This process will take 5-8 minutes and interrupt any current DVR recordings.