The Amazon Fire TV Stick is excellent for streaming TV shows, movies, and live events. However, if you cannot program the Firestick remote to the TV, your TV may not be as “Smart” as you think. If you learn how to connect the remote to the TV, you can get back to viewing your favorite shows in no time.
How To Program The Firestick Remote To The Television
You can pair the remote that came with your Amazon Firestick during the initial setup. You can also pair the remote after making the necessary connections between your TV and the Firestick.
- Remove the two batteries from the Amazon Fire TV Stick box after creating the initial connection.
- Place the batteries in the appropriate places.
The pairing should happen immediately you insert the batteries. If not, press and hold the Home button on your remote for 10 seconds.
The remote is now connected to the Smart TV.
You can use the following Amazon Fire Stick Programming techniques to see if your remote has been connected.
- Check the Voice button on your remote to see if it blinks continuously. If that’s the case, it’s in Discovery mode, and it’s looking for devices to connect with.
- When the three blue lights on the remote flash, it signals that the pairing process between your TV and remote is complete.
How to Connect a 4K Fire Stick Remote to a Smart TV
- Go to the Firestick Settings from the Home screen.
- Click the menu to program the Firestick remote to the TV.
- On the next screen, select “Manage.”
- On this window, click “TV.”
- Select an option “Change the channel on the television.”
- When prompted, select “Change TV.”
- If the Firestick correctly detects the TV, select YES.
- If this is not the case, select NO.
If you selected NO above, it will prompt you to select a TV brand. Go ahead and choose your TV brand, then set up the TV control by following the on-screen instructions.
How To program A Firestick Remote To A TV In A Smart Home
- Go to the Settings option on the Fire TV’s Home screen.
- To open it, tap “Controllers and Bluetooth devices.”
- Select “Amazon Fire TV Remote” from the drop-down menu, then Add New Remote.
- Now, press and hold the Home button on your Fire TV stick remote for at least 10 seconds.
- Once it locates the new remote, press the SELECT button (middle button) on the remote to confirm the remote’s pairing.
Your Firestick remote will successfully pair with the TV.
How to reconnect a Firestick remote to your TV
What You Should Do:
- Disconnect the Fire TV’s power supply. Not by unplugging the HDMI port but simply turning it off.
- Please wait a few seconds before plugging it back in and waiting for the Firestick to restart/reboot.
- Your Firestick will connect to the internet and other devices once you view the home screen and all applications.
Press your Firestick remote’s Home button until an orange light flashes on it, then release it. If you don’t have a remote with delicate features, wait for 20 to 30 seconds for a pop-up that states “your Firestick remote has connected” to appear on a big screen. This is how to reconnect a Firestick remote.
If you can’t reprogram a Firestick remote after several attempts, you’ll need to replace it because there’s a good chance it’s faulty.
Alternatives to the Firestick Remote
Aside from the helpful app, Amazon’s Fire TV lineup is compatible with a few different remotes.
Bluetooth and USB keyboards work well with any streaming device, but they work exceptionally well with the Firestick.
The iPazzPort Mini Wireless Keyboard is one of the most popular replacement remotes. iPazzPort offers a variety of keyboards, including Bluetooth and USB models.
You’ll need to order the proper keyboard if you choose to go with Bluetooth.
Note: To connect the dongle to your Fire TV Stick or Fire TV Cube, you’ll need an OTG cable for the USB model.
Follow the instructions below to pair a Bluetooth keyboard with a Firestick:
- If you’re using a Bluetooth remote, make sure you turn on the Bluetooth option.
- Select “Controllers & Bluetooth Devices” from the Settings menu.
- Select “Other Bluetooth Devices” from the drop-down menu.
- Click on “Add Bluetooth Device” from the drop-down menu.
- The Fire TV will look for a remote compatible with it. After locating the remote, choose it, and it’ll be ready to use.