Did you lose your TCL Roku TV remote and wondering what’s next? Generally, TV remote comes in different designs, sizes, configurations, and shapes. However, there is something akin to all TV remotes; they are designed to control TV sets.
It is safe to say remote controls have a mind of their own. It is no surprise that they get missing times without number. Also, the remote control might become faulty and rather than repairing it, getting a replacement is often the best option.
Some Remote controls are customized; they cannot be used on another TV set, while others are universal – any TV set can use the remote. This article will be recommending the five best TCL Roku TV Remote replacements.
Roku TV Remote
Roku TV remotes are compatible with different Roku players. These remotes are made in two types – IR and Enhanced model. And each remote is designed to work with specific players.
The IR remotes are compatible with all kinds of Roku players without pairing them to the TV. On the other hand, to connect the enhanced remote control to the device, you must hold down the pairing button in the remote battery’s compartment.
Generally, TV remotes use an infra-red transmitter that sends short-coded data to the TV.
Since every TV has an infra-red detector, automatically, it will pick the message sent by the remote. The remote uses different codes, and the television or associated equipment decodes these codes.
In addition, each of these codes sends different operation data to the television, hence enabling the TV to perform different functions.
The TV remote with a Roku device is programmed to send the correct codes to the television. These codes serve different functions that need to be controlled.
Most manufacturers make Replacement TV remotes, and there are tons of others made by independent manufacturers.
Factors to Consider When purchasing a Replacement TV Remote
There are several factors to consider when buying a replacement TV remote. Some of them include:
Evaluating the function of the remote will save you money in the long run. You do not want to end up with a remote with limited functions.
Programming and set up
Check the ease of setting up the remote to control your TV. If the remote is not easy to use, you should not consider buying it.
Cost is an essential factor to check when making any purchase. The amount you should be spending on a replacement remote should depend on your budget.
It is best to check the AV equipment that the TV remote will operate on before buying. Do not waste money by buying a remote control that is not compatible with your TV.
How many devices is the remote control compatible with? Generally, most TV remotes can control 15 devices. So, it is essential to check that the remote can control different devices.
5 Best TCL Roku TV Remote Replacements
Below are our top picks for TCL Roku TV Remote Replacements:
1. TCL Roku Smart TV Universal Remotes
The TCL Roku Smart TV Universal Remotes replacement is compatible with TCL Roku TV without programming and setups. It uses some AAA batteries to power the remote.
Features of TCL Roku Smart TV Universal Remotes
- Long distances transmitting(>8m),
- IR-based remote
- Ergonomic design
Pros of TCL Roku Smart TV Universal Remotes
- NO setup required
- Compatible with the TCL Roku Smart LED TVs
Cons of TCL Roku Smart TV Universal Remotes
- Not compatible with Roku Stick or Player
2. SofaBaton R2 Universal Remote Control
The SofaBaton R2 Universal Remote Control is one of the best replacements for Roku TV. It is compatible with Roku 1, 2, 3, 4, Premier, Express, and Ultra.
In addition, it comes preprogrammed for the Roku versions mentioned above; hence no setups are required. The functional buttons make it easy for users to navigate through channels.
With the buttons, you can mute, replay, forward/rewind, increase/decrease volume, etc.
Features of SofaBaton R2 Universal Remote Control
- Functional buttons
- Shortcuts for Netflix, Hulu, etc
- Preprogrammed for Premier, Roku 1, 2, 3, 4, Express, Ultra, etc
Pros of SofaBaton R2 Universal Remote Control
- Universal remote
- Compatible with other Roku devices
Cons of SofaBaton R2 Universal Remote Control
- Wide-range signal strength issue
3. Motiexic Remote Control for TCL ROKU TV
The Motiexic Remote Control is a simple and excellent remote control for TCL Roku TV. It is compatible with almost all models of TCL Roku Tv.
The price is a reasonable fair. In addition, it features some buttons for rewinding, pausing, forwarding, channel changing, etc.
The Motiexic Remote Control does not require any programming to set up. It works with a pair of AA batteries.
Features of Motiexic Remote Control
- Remote Control
- AAA battery
- Compatible with TCL Roku TV
Pros of Motiexic Remote Control
- Automatic pairing
- Easy to replace batteries
- No programming required
- HBO, Netflix, Sling shortcut buttons
Cons of Motiexic Remote Control
- Not compatible with the Roku streaming stick or the Roku 1, 2, 3, and 4.
- Wide-range signal strength issue
4. Anderic Standard Universal Control
The Anderic Standard Universal Control offers more functionality than other replacement remotes. It features more buttons for advanced functions aside from the essential customized functions.
You can use this remote to change channels, rewind, pause and forward. In addition, you can use it to switch on /off your player, increase/decrease volume and even mute sound.
The Anderic Standard Universal Control is versatile and compatible with most Roku devices.
Features of The Anderic Standard Universal Control
- Compatible with Roku streaming players, including the XDS, LT, XD
- Supports Roku 1, 2, and 3,
- Compatible with Roku Premiere 3920 and Express.
- Shortcuts for Hulu, Netflix, Sling, and Amazon
- Secured battery case
- Function buttons
Pros of The Anderic Standard Universal Control
- Easy to use
- No programming or setup required
- It comes with a manual
Cons of The Anderic Standard Universal Control
- Not compatible with Roku stick.
- Requires close range to work
5. TCL Roku TV Remote by IKU
TCL Roku TV Remote by IKU is one of the most affordable replacement remotes available.
This TV remote offers unique functions; it is easy to use and has functional buttons.
Users can use these buttons to increase/decrease the volume, mute, power on/off, perform instant replay, move back, forward/rewind, pause, and switch between channels.
In addition, the TCL Roku TV Remote by IKU comes with shortcuts for four of the most prominent streaming channels – Netflix, Sling, Hulu, and Amazon.
This remote is compact, and it features a sleek design. Also, there is no programming involved before users can start using this remote.
Features of TCL Roku TV Remote by IKU
- Compatible with built-in Roku Smart TV for TCL, Hisense, Sharp, Insignia, LG, Element, Hitachi, Sanyo.
- 11 channels Shortcut
- Support 10+ preprogrammed TV brands
- 9 Learnable Buttons.
Pros of TCL Roku TV Remote by IKU
- Strong signal path
- Compatible with all TCL Roku TV models
- No pairing required
- Easy to use
Cons of TCL Roku TV Remote by IKU
- Not compatible with the Roku player or stick
Using a Roku TV Replacement Remote
As mentioned above, Roku TV remotes come in two different types; the infrared and the radio frequency model.
If the replacement remote you purchase uses an infrared connection, pairing with your TV is relatively easy.
Using IR Roku TV Remote
Follow this guide to start using your IR Roku TV remote:
- You will need to insert the AA or AAA batteries to get started.
- Once you insert the batteries
- You can start using the remote by pressing any button.
As mentioned above, there is no pairing or unique programming required.
However, an IR remote must be in a direct line of sight for it to work perfectly. That is, there must be no obstacle between the remote and the TV.
Using RF Roku TV Remote
If your replacement remote uses an RF connection in the same light, it will need to be paired with your device.
However, unlike the IR remotes, you do not need a direct line of sight to use the remote. To pair your RF remote to your Roku TV:
- Power on your Roku TV
- Insert the AA or AAA batteries into the battery section
- Hold the remote close to the Roku TV, and it will connect automatically
However, if pairing does not work automatically, follow the procedure below:
- Power off and on your Roku device
- Remove the remote batteries and insert them again
- In the battery compartment, find the pairing button
- Press and hold the pairing buttons for about 3 seconds on the TV screen
- The pairing light will flash on the remote
- Once pairing is successful, you will see a prompt on the TV screen informing you that pairing is complete.
When it comes to replacement remotes for your Roku TV, there are tons of options to explore.
Both relatively cheap and pricey remotes offer different functionality, comes in different sizes and designs.
So, it is advisable to check the Roku remote buttons before making a purchase.
Checking the buttons will enable you to evaluate the remote model and see if it is suitable for you.