Ever heard about a feature called SAP on TV? It’s basically a second audio feature for TV programs. It substitutes the program’s original language with other languages.
SAP is a feature for TV users that allows you to watch your favorite TV programs in other languages. For example, you can watch an American TV show in Spanish, Chinese, etc., rather than English.
What does SAP stand for on TV?
SAP stands for Secondary Audio Programming. It’s basically a second audio feature for TV programs. This feature substitutes the program’s original language with other languages.
It can be useful for those who enjoy watching TV programs in different countries in their mother tongue. Anyhow, if you don’t like this feature for any reason, you can disable it or enable it any time by following these steps.
How to turn Off SAP on TV?
First of all, search the SAP, Audio, or MTS button on the remote control of your TV. If your remote has these buttons, it means you can turn SAP on or off just by pressing it.
In case your remote control doesn’t have these buttons, you should follow this procedure.
- Turn on your TV.
- Find the remote control.
- Search for the Menu button on the remote.
- Find the Audio option in Menu settings and choose it.
Then just select the SAP option and turn it off. How to Turn On SAP on TV?
- Turn on your TV.
- Press the Menu button on the remote control of your TV.
- Then search the Audio option and select it.
- You’ll see the SAP option on your TV; choose it.
- Turn it on.
How to turn Off SAP on DTA (Digital Television Adapter) Box?
These steps only apply to DTA box users who want to change the SAP (second audio programming) setting.
- Plugin your TV and DTA box.
- Press the Menu button of the remote control.
- Find the Language option on the TV screen and select it.
- Scroll down, search the Audio language option, and choose it.
- You’ll see two options, select the Primary option in the settings to turn off SAP on the DTA box.
How to turn On SAP on DTA (Digital Television Adapter) Box?
- Turn on your Set-top box and TV.
- Go to the setting by pressing the Menu button on the remote.
- Choose the Language option.
- Then search the Audio Language option on the TV screen and select it with the help of remote control.
- It’s time to turn on SAP on DTA, just choose the Alternate (SAP) option.
How to turn On SAP on Set-Top Box?
This procedure only applies to Set-top box users who want to turn off SAP settings.
- Find the Menu or Setting button on the remote and press it.
- Choose the Audio option by pressing the OK button on the remote control.
- You’ll see three to five options. Select Audio Language Option.
- In the Audio language setting, you’ll have the option to select the language you want. Most probably, you’ll see two or three languages in an Audio Language setting, you can choose any one of them that suits you most, whether it is French, English, Spanish, etc.
How to turn off SAP on a Set-Top Box?
If you want to turn off SAP on a Set-top Box, then follow these steps.
- Go to Setting > Audio option > Audio Language Option and choose the language which was previously selected.