There are many reasons you’d want to mirror your iPhone to your TV. You could wish for a bigger screen to cast a facetime call or watch your favourite movie on your TV. We will explain a few ways you can mirror anything from your iPhone to your Tv.
The newer versions of the (Vizio) Tv may already have mirroring capabilities inbuilt in them, but the suggestions outlined here can also be applied to the older tv models. The first two suggested options use two simple applications that help cast the contents of your iPhone to your Vizio Tv, and the third tip uses the Roku device.
In this article, we will provide a step-by-step guide on setting up both applications and devices.
How to Mirror iPhone to Vizio TV using SmartCast
Vizio SmartCast Mirror is an application that allows you a full range of commands on your Vizio smart tv in addition to enabling you to mirror your iPhone to your Vizio smart tv. The simple steps you need to follow are outlined below:
- Download the application from your App store and set it up once done.
- Open the application interface and swipe to select the dropdown menu.
- Select your chosen smart TV name from the presented options and wait for the Bluetooth pairing request prompt.
- Pair to connect your devices.
- Your iPhone screen is ready to be cast to your Vizio Tv in real-time.
How to Mirror iPhone to Vizio TV using ApowerMirror
The ApowerMirror screen mirroring tool is top-branded and capable of mirroring your iPhone’s contents to your Vizio smart tv.
When using this application, you can benefit from casting your entertainment content in high definition. You are sure to enjoy the image quality when playing games, streaming videos, movies and so on.
To set up the screen mirroring process with this application, the following steps need to be followed:
- Download the application from your app store and install it on your iPhone in addition to your Vizio smart tv.
- Open the application and set it up.
- Click the blue mirror button on your iPhone and select your chosen smart tv name.
- Next, swipe down to view your control menu bar and select the option for screen mirroring.
- Again, choose your smart tv name from the option of devices detected.
- Your Vizio Tv should mirror your iPhone.
You can also set up the screen mirroring process with your smart tv using the ApowerMirror tool. Follow the steps outlined below:
- You will need to download the application and install it on your Vizio smart tv.
- Open and set up the application tool and allow it to have access to your media and files on your iPhone.
- Choose phone screen mirroring from the options presented on your Tv screen.
- It will take you to a QR code that you’ll scan on your iPhone device, enabling you to automatically download the application on your iPhone.
- Open and set up the application on your iPhone and allow it to connect with devices on your local network.
- Give the necessary permissions required.
- Swipe down to view your control menu bar and select the option for screen mirroring.
- Choose your smart tv name from the option of devices detected, and the content of your iPhone should be cast onto your Vizio Smart Tv.
How to Mirror iPhone to Vizio TV using Roku Streaming Stick
As recent as 2021, Roku updated their platform so that Apple airplay is now built into their devices, making it easy to mirror without the aid of third-party apps.
The screen mirroring process using this device is a bit more complex. To begin, you want to make sure that your Roku is up to date.
- On your Roku device, press the home button and scroll down to select the settings option.
- The next step is to scroll down to search where it says system. Select and scroll down to where it says system update, so you can ensure that it’s up to date. If it’s not, you will need to update it to the latest software version.
- Next, you press your home button again, which will take you back to the home screen.
- There, you’ll scroll down to and select the settings options; you should see a new category that says Apple Airplay and Home kit.
- Click on it to select, and you’ll see on the sidebar the option of Airplay on or off. Choose for it to be on. There is a required code to set it up, but you can choose to set it to the first time only so that you don’t need the code every time you want to mirror your iPhone to your Tv with the Roku device. You can even choose to have a password instead.
- Now, you want to switch to your iPhone. It would be helpful if your Roku device and iPhone are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- On your iPhone, swipe down to bring down your menu bar, and around the middle, you can select the option for screen mirroring. When clicked on, a pop-up should come up with the option for the Roku Streaming Stick. Tapping on that will bring up a pop-up that asks for a 4-digit code shown on your TV screen as the Airplay Passcode. Input the provided code into your iPhone.
- A checkmark will appear next to the Roku Streaming Stick option, which should be mirrored exactly on your Tv screen.
These suggestions can aid in mirroring your iPhone to your Vizio Smart tv. There are other applications that you might find helpful such as AceThinker Mirror and LetsView. We hope you find these very helpful.