Spectrum was one of the pioneering companies that took advantage of cord-cutting technology. They started with the TV boxes, and they are one of the world’s most popular streaming services today. This article is about Spectrum and getting it on your Roku instead of using a set-top box.
An alternative to using a set-up box is Spectrum TV. This streaming service offers a rolling monthly subscription, and it contains lots of premium channels that users can add or remove depending on their individual preferences. It might be more expensive when compared to using another cord-cutting alternative, but this is a premium service, and it gives subscribers value for their money.
Downloading and Installing the Spectrum App on Roku
Version 3 and other newer Roku versions are perfect for installing the Spectrum App; they are faster for surfing through channels and offer better performance. Downloading the Spectrum app is very easy; you don’t need a professional service; the following steps below will help you download the App on your Roku.
How to Install and Use Spectrum TV on Your Roku Device (Step by Step Guide)
- Switch on your Roku and ensure you connect it to the Internet.
- Go to the home screen using your remote.
- In the left corner, you will see the Roku Channel Store. Click on it.
- Click on the search for content or streaming channels.
- Go to the magnifying glass or search bar, then quickly search for the keyword “Spectrum TV.”
- From the result, select the Spectrum app and click on Add Channel.
- Click on the OK icon, and it will add the channel to the screen.
- Once you install the App, go back to your homepage, find the Spectrum TV, and open it.
- Use the star button on your Roku remote to choose a channel.
- You can use the arrow button to put the Spectrum TV at the top list so that you can access it faster next time you want to use it.
If you open the Spectrum App for the first time, it will ask you to sign in using your username and password. You can directly sign in if you already have it; if you don’t have an account, click “Agree to the license agreement’s terms and conditions.”
Once you successfully set up the App, you can start watching TV channels almost immediately on your device. If you want to view the channel guide, click on your remote’s left arrow. Scroll down the channel guide and choose from the different available content.
If you don’t already have an account, it will take 24 to 72 hours to activate a new account.
Features of Spectrum TV
- It gives users up to 30,000 on-demand content right on your Roku device.
- Allows users to use the filter option to find their favorite programs.
- After setting up their favorite channels, Spectrum TV subscribers can set up a personalized guide.
- Users can set parental control to protect kids from viewing 18+ content.
- The App allows users to record their favorite content using the cloud-DVR support.
Spectrum is a fantastic streaming service with lots of content for users, and they offer both local and on-demand content. Because it is a premium app, you will pay to access its content.
This content contains all you need to know about the Roku and Spectrum App. Users are advised to use a third-generation Roku device to enjoy the streaming service.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I install Spectrum TV on my Roku Device?
The process is easy, as highlighted above, with your Roku remote; go to the homepage, click on the search bar, search for content or streaming channels, search for Spectrum TV and click enter, select the App and install. Ensure that you connect the device to the Internet.
How much does it cost to subscribe to the Spectrum app on Roku?
The subscription for the streaming service costs about $14.99 per month.
What can I do if my Spectrum TV app is loading slowly?
Double-check your internet connection, then ensure you use the latest Spectrum TV app.
How does Roku work with the Spectrum app?
Like other streaming services, Spectrum channels on Roku allow you to stream different content — including local broadcast channels, premium channels, and on-demand channels.
Can Spectrum TV be on all Roku devices?
Users cannot install the Spectrum App on many Roku streaming players, but not all Roku Premiere models, Roku Express models, Roku streaming, and Roku Ultra. You cannot install it on many first-generation devices.
What are the packages attached to Spectrum TV?
If you subscribe to Spectrum TV, you will access popular TV networks like ABC, NBC, CBS, and FOX. Also, you can include SHOWTIME, STARZ, and HBO for a pocket-friendly price.