This piece contains all the information you need to switch the ear tips of your AirPods Pro and choose the best one that will make you feel comfortable without them falling out.
AirPods are currently one of the best music devices in the market; they feature active noise cancellation, so they come with silicone tips. These tips serve as a seal when you insert them into your ears. The soft silicone doesn’t cause discomfort, keeping the AirPods Pro from falling out.
How To Change Airpod Pro Tips
The new AirPods Pro comes with three different ear tips; if you want more options, you can buy new replacement tips in different sizes and foam-like materials.
If the current AirPods Pro Tips is damaged, or it’s the wrong size, or you just want a different material, here’s how to change it without damaging your AirPods:
- Hold one of your AirPods Pro with your left hand, then grip the tip with your right hand.
- Gently and slowly pull the tip invertedly.
- Hold the case of the AirPod Pro tip with a soft grip and pull off until you hear a click.
- Pick the tip that you want to install. AirPods Pro has small, medium, and large tips. So, if your AirPods feel tight, select a smaller tip. If they feel loose, select bigger tips.
- Before replacing the old tip, check the mounting surface for dirt; if any, use wool to clean.
- Pick your replacement tip and line it up with its mounting surface.
- Press the replacement tip to the mounting surface till it clicks. Don’t apply pressure, gently press it against the mounting surface; if it doesn’t click at your first trial, realign it and try again.
Use the same steps for the second AirPod Pro.
How to use the AirPod Ear Tip Fit Test to Find the Best Ear Tips
As easy as it may seem, determining which ear tips are suitable for you has some processes that you need to follow. You can determine the perfect trip by feeling it on your ear, but you can use the Ear Tip Fit Test if that’s not enough. If you use an iOS-enabled device, ensure the version is from 13.2 or later.
Here’s How to Carry Out an Ear Tip Fit Test
- Put your AirPod Pros in your ears and open the Settings app on your device.
- Once in the Settings app, click on Bluetooth, which should be on the Settings menu.
- After tapping the Bluetooth option, a list of connected devices will come out; choose your AirPods Pro on the list, and tap the info icon on the right.
- When you want to start the test, go to the AirPod Settings page. At the bottom of the page, tap “Ear Tip Fit Test.”
Tap “Continue,” then tap the “Play” button. Your device will play music for a few seconds through the AirPods; this will help you determine how fitted the tips are and the quality of the seal.
If the seal fits appropriately and allows a high noise cancellation, you will see an image of the AirPod on your screen that states “Good Seal” written in green. If it doesn’t fit properly, the same image will state “Adjust or Try a Different Ear Tip,” written in yellow.
You can get “Good Seal” results from different sizes of tips, irrespective of the one that best fits your ear.
The test is not perfect; it is only an indicator to test whether or not the particular tip fits your ear. If all the tips you try to switch are good enough, you’ll have to decide based on the most comfortable one.
Switching your AirPods Pro tips is straightforward. All you need to do is ensure that each tip clicks into place; if it doesn’t, ensure that you don’t force it, check and make sure it aligns appropriately, then try again. The right tip means a fantastic listening experience.