Buttons are present on all Vizio televisions. However, they may be in difficult-to-find locations. The buttons are usually found on the back of the TV, at the bottom right or left corners. It varies per model, but once you’ve found the power button, you’ll always be able to turn On Vizio TV Without Remote
Other Buttons on a Vizio TV
You’ll find volume, channel, and input buttons in addition to a power button. Vizio hides these buttons for two reasons: aesthetics: buttons clash with most new televisions’ sleek, minimalist design.
The second reason is that the built-in buttons are not intended for menu navigation. The bundled remote and smartphone app make controlling the television much more efficient and convenient.
How to Turn On Vizio TV Without Remote
1. Turn on Vizio TV Using the SmartCast App
When you’ve lost or forgotten your remote, the Vizio SmartCast app for iOS or Android is the easiest method to turn on your television. You may also use the remote app to control your Vizio Smart TV without a remote, and that that means you can still operate the television even if you can’t find the remote.
- Depending on your type of device, go to Google Play and download the Vizio SmartCast app for Android, or go to the App Store and download the app for iOS.
- You’ll need to pair the app if this is your first time using it. In the upper-right corner, go to Devices > Add. You’ll be asked to hold your phone close to the gadget for a few seconds.
- Click on “control” at the bottom of the screen once you’ve paired your devices.
- In the upper-right corner, go to Devices and select your display from the list.
- Once selected, you may use your smartphone to control the television as if it were a remote: switch it on or off, adjust the volume, change the channel, adjust the aspect ratio, and more.
2. How to Switch on Your Vizio TV With a PS4
- Use an HDMI cable to connect your PlayStation 4 console to your Vizio television and turn it on.
- Select System from the drop-down menu.
- Select Enable HDMI Device Link from the drop-down menu.
- The Vizio TV will automatically turn on and switch to the correct input when you turn on your PlayStation 4.
- Additionally, picking that input from the list will automatically switch on the PlayStation 4.
3. Turn on Vizio Smart TV using Nintendo Switch
You can use the Nintendo gaming system to turn on your Vizio TV, just like the PS4. The procedure is as follows:
- Use the dock to connect your Nintendo Switch to your Vizio Smart TV.
- From the home screen, select System Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Switch on the Vizio Smart TV with the Nintendo Switch.
- Select TV Settings from the left column. To switch on Match TV Power State, scroll down the list on the right and select it.
The input will turn off if you put Nintendo Switch to sleep. When you turn on the console, the Vizio TV will immediately switch to the correct input channel.
In the case of Xbox, the feature is no longer available. So you can turn on the Vizio Smart TV without a remote using any of the techniques listed above. As a result, you don’t have to be concerned about losing the remote. Your questions can be posted in the comments section below.
An Important Note on HDMI-CEC with the Xbox One
Unfortunately, Xbox One owners will not be able to use HDMI-CEC. While the Xbox can control the television, it uses an IR blaster and the Xbox Kinect, a Microsoft-produced peripheral that is no longer available. It’s unknown why the Xbox doesn’t offer this feature, but fans have been requesting it since the console’s release.
How to reset Your Vizio Tv without a Remote
You may use the buttons on the back of your Vizio TV to reset it if you don’t have a remote. They’re in the bottom right corner of your television, next to the side of the screen (panel). The buttons on certain Vizio TVs are on the right side of the panel, so check the back of your Vizio TV to see where they are.
- Unplug the power cable from the outlet where your Vizio TV is plugged in.
- It doesn’t matter if your television is on or not.
- You should wait for at least 3 minutes before plugging it back in.
- Turning off your Vizio TV will restart all services, and a clean boot will be performed, allowing you to have a better experience.
- That is still the quickest method for restarting your Vizio TV.
- A simple restart can also be accomplished by hitting the Power Button on the back of your television, which should be the first button-down from the top.
- You can switch off your TV with a single press and turn it back on after a few moments.
If this isn’t what you were searching for, restore the factory default settings without using the remote.
Finding the physical buttons and understanding how to access the menu without a remote is best accomplished by looking up the instructions for your model. Look for your TV’s instruction manual, either the one that came with it or a digital version available online.
You can get instructions for accessing the menu without a remote for your TV model by searching online. Samsung’s instructions, for example, alter the advice based on the model number, making it easy to obtain the appropriate information for your set.
Apps and Other Options
If your Android phone has an infrared blaster, you can use it to send infrared signals in the same manner that a TV remote does. You may control your TV just like you would with your original remote Control by downloading a TV remote control app for your smartphone. This is the best solution if, for example, you need to access a Sharp TV menu without using a remote because the set lacks a menu button.
Other alternatives are also dependent on your television and equipment. If you have a Chromecast and Google Home, you can use the app on your phone to control your TV, for example. It doesn’t offer you access to your TV’s native menu system, but it lets you stream content and do much more.