Out of the various TV shows that you can enjoy, the genre of faith-based shows has a large fan base. If you enjoy faith-based TV shows, there are many choices you can make. One that its viewers recently acclaim is ‘The Chosen’.
According to its director, Dallas Jenkins, the TV show is the first of its kind, a multi-season TV show depicting the life of Jesus Christ. Additionally, the TV show is the most considerable crowdfunded media undertaking, an unprecedented record.
The show’s website states that the TV project is to span over seven seasons. Presently, the first and the second seasons have been fully funded with a plan to release the third season this year.
The TV show has been commended for its aesthetic portrayal of the life of Jesus while sticking closely to the source material in the Biblical gospel. As of the end of 2021, over 150 million viewers have watched the program.
The second season follows the travels of Jesus Christ’s disciples as they go from one city to another, spreading his teachings. Their endeavors ultimately make the Roman empire consider him as a threat. The season additionally portrays various Biblical anecdotes, from the parables to casting out demonic possessions.
The third season is eagerly anticipated and should focus mainly on how the public ministry of Jesus Christ came to be and the adjustments that members of his fellowship have to make as their leader becomes more renowned.
The first season was broadcasted on the VidAngel streaming platform in addition to the exclusive mobile app.
How you can watch The Chosen
To watch the ‘The Chosen’ TV series, you can watch it for free on the Angel Studios website, the BYUtv website, The Chosen YouTube page, and VidAngel. Additionally, you can watch the series via The Chosen TV app, which you can download on either iTunes or Google Play.
If you choose to watch it on your TV, you can stream The Chosen app with the Roku streaming device or the Amazon Firestick.
Stream on YouTube TV App
One of the easiest ways to watch The Chosen on TV is to stream it via the YouTube TV app. Most smart TVs already come with this app. Just search for “The Chosen” and enjoy!
How to Watch ‘The Chosen’ with the Mobile app.
- You can enjoy ‘The Chosen” TV program on their free mobile app, which you can access from anywhere in the world. To download the app, you can visit the website address: www.thechosen.tv/app.
- You can also search for ‘The Chosen’ in your Android or Apple app store. Download and install on your device.
- If you have the app set up on your mobile phone, you can cast your mobile device screen or mirror your iPhone content onto your smart TV. If you are using an Android phone, follow the steps below to cast your mobile phone onto your smart TV.
- Ensure that your mobile device and smart TV are connected to the same Wi-Fi network connection.
- Open your ‘The Chosen’ app and search for the ‘Cast’ button. It should be on the top right corner of your main screen, or after you’ve played one of the videos, it will be on the watch screen. Click on it.
- Selecting the ‘Cast” button will bring a list of options of devices you can choose.
- Click on your preferred device and follow the prompts presented to you to cast your mobile phone’s screen onto your smart TV.
Additionally, you can stream ‘The Chosen’ from the mobile app by using any of the following streaming devices:
- Roku streaming device.
- Amazon Fire Stick/ Fire TV.
How to Watch ‘The Chosen’ on DVD/BluRay discs
To watch the ‘The Chosen’ TV program, you can buy the DVD/BluRay discs from ‘The Chosen’ store where they offer different merchandise and gift items. In addition to the disc set of the TV show, you can purchase branded items such as T-Shirts and hats. Also, you can get devotional books and the CD of ‘The Chosen’ Christmas soundtrack.
Additionally, the disc set of the ‘The Chosen’ DVD/BluRay includes English and Spanish subtitles. The disc set also includes the dubbed language option for Spanish.
Purchasing the DVD/BluRay disc set for the TV program is an ideal option for ‘The Chosen’s international audience as the disc set is region-free, thus enabling viewers all over the world to enjoy the TV show.
How to Watch ‘The Chosen’ on VidAngel
To enjoy ‘The Chosen’ TV show, you can watch it on VidAngel. To get started, follow the steps outlined below:
- Open an account and activate your subscription to the website. To do this, visit the website at www.VidAngel.com and input your email address to open a new account. The website also has prompts that will walk you through the process of signing up. Note. If you have an existing account already, you will need to activate your subscription. To do this, go to your profile and select the settings option.
- Sync your account with the streaming TV apps that you are subscribed to. You can do this through the VidAngel website or the mobile app. This connection will enable you to use VidAngel on any of your streaming devices, including Roku streaming devices and Chromecast, among others.
- VidAngel offers the options of filters. These filters help tailor your viewing experience to suit your tastes and skip or mute any content you do not want to see. VidAngel offers filters in three types; Default filters which apply to all the new shows you begin to watch; Show Specific Filters for a specific program or episode; and Parental Controls, which set filters that need a parental password to be changed. To set your filters, follow the steps outlined below.
- Open your filters options. You will be presented with five categories to choose from, namely: Language, Sex/Nudity/Immodesty, Violence/Blood/Gore, Alcohol or Drug Use, Other Elements. Under each category are subcategories with specific options from which you can choose.
- There is a video symbol next to each filter category which will have a grey line across it when the category is selected. This indicates that one or more filter subcategory has been set under that category.
- Verify your access to movies or TV shows on your account. You do this by selecting a movie or TV show, clicking to watch with your streaming service app. Wait for the verification process to complete, and then click on the watch now button.
- You can go ahead and enjoy the ‘The Chosen’ program. We hope these suggestions have been helpful.