The Xbox One, alongside its other series, features a component that allows users to play Xbox games on their computer or smartphone remotely. This feature, among many others, is why the Xbox console is prominent.
In addition, the Xbox app does an exceptional job of automatically connecting your Console. Unfortunately, if you cannot detect and connect your Xbox to your Console, you will be requested to enter the IP address of your Xbox.
What is an Xbox IP Address?
Like any smart device – smartphones, computers, laptops, etc., the Xbox gaming console requires an IP address to access the internet or link the Xbox to a Live gaming network. Xbox gets its IP address from the network router every time it connects to the internet.
And to successfully initiate a private and live game session, you will need to provide the IP address to other participants so they can connect directly to your Xbox. That is, the IP address will give external players access to connect with you.
Alternatively, you will need your Xbox One IP address to stream and connect your Console to your PC.
How to Locate the IP Address on Xbox One
Luckily, locating the IP address on your Xbox One is relatively easy. Below is a guide on how to go about it:
- Power on the Xbox One console
- Click on the home button on the Xbox controller
- Proceed to click on Settings
- On the Setting menu. Click on Network
- Then select Network Settings and Advanced Settings
- On the Advanced Settings page, you will see an option with IP Settings
- Click on it; then, you will be able to see your IP address.
How to Locate Xbox One IP Address without TV
Below is a guide on how to locate an Xbox One IP address without TV:
- Power on the Xbox console
- Connect it to a network (Wi-Fi connection or ethernet cable)
- Download a free IP scanner tool
- Run a scan – allow the software to scan your network for devices. Usually, this scan takes about 30 seconds to one minute to complete.
- Find the Xbox in the list of Discovered.
- Then set up the IP address.
Generally, you do not need to change the IP address range when scanning your network for devices. The scanning tool automatically scans the same network that your computer is connected to. For instance, if your Xbox is connected to the same network, the scan result will display it.
Once the scan finishes, there will be a list of devices on your network. From the list, check for your Xbox. Usually, the device is named Xbox. But if you do not see any device with that name, check for Microsoft or gaming.
Once you can identify the Xbox device, record the IP address. Then proceed to enter the address into your remote play application. With this, your Xbox should connect to the network.
How to Setup IP Address on Xbox One using Console
Below is a guide on how to set up your IP address on Xbox one using Console:
- Power on the Xbox One Console
- Click on the Menu button on the controller
- Select Settings
- On the Setting page, click on the network
- Proceed to click on Network Settings
- Then select Advanced Settings
- On the Advanced Settings page, click on IP Settings
- On the IP Settings page, note down your IP address, Subnet Mask, and Gateway
- Switch from Automatic to Manual
- Then proceed to input your IP address and click on Enter
You do not necessarily need a TV to locate your Xbox One IP address. The guide above will help you through finding and setting up your Xbox One IP address.