Since the 1950s, remote controls have been a standard feature of most home entertainment systems. While the global average number of remote controls in living rooms has risen over time, their role in commanding modern technology from a single location is undeniably necessary.
The most typical problem with remote controllers is the inability to control what they’re supposed to. It’s sometimes just a matter of selecting the appropriate remote control.
However, the problem may be more complicated for some users.
Reasons And Fixes For Xfinity Remote Not Changing Channels
There can be different reasons why your Xfinity Remote is no longer changing channels.
After you’ve programmed your Xfinity remote to your TV, you’re happy to watch some exhilarating movies that are on your mind.
Isn’t it aggravating when your remote stops working while changing the channel?
A flawlessly functional remote, in my opinion, is equally essential for getting the most out of a TV subscription.
Check for any connectivity issues with your Xfinity remote if it doesn’t change channels.
You can also check the remote’s compatibility with the set-top box. Replace the batteries in your Comcast Xfinity remote if it doesn’t work.
Let’s look at some of the options for resolving this problem:
Dust can also be a problem because it clogs up the insides and messes with the internal connections, resulting in your remote not changing channels but working on volume.
• After removing the battery, press and hold the power button for 30 seconds.
• Now, randomly and quickly push all the buttons on the remote with a normal force level.
• Hit the remote a few times with your hands.
• Replace the batteries and check whether your remote works now.
2. Batteries are Dead
The buttons won’t work if your remote batteries have died. So try to get new batteries.
You might have disconnected your remote from the TV. When this happens, the remote can’t change channels. Check if your Xfinity remote is still connected to your TV; if not, resync it to your TV.
How To Reset The Comcast Xfinity Remote:
For XR15 remotes:
- Hold down the Setup button.
- The remote’s LED will change from red to green.
- Press the 9-8-1 keys on the remote.
- The LED on the remote will blink green twice to signify that it has been reset.
- Press the A button on your remote control and select Remote Setup.
- It will launch a Help screen. Choose the Setup Remote option and follow those instructions.
For XR11 Remotes:
- Hold down the Setup button until the LED at the top of the remote changes from red to green.
- Press the 9-8-7 keys on the remote.
- The LED light on the remote will blink green twice to indicate that you have reset the remote.
- Press the triangle A button on your remote control.
- Select Remote Setup.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
How can I fix my Comcast remote if it’s stuck on one channel?
Press and hold the Triangle A and Diamond D buttons on your remote simultaneously for 3 seconds. The light will turn green, and the LED light will blink blue three times, indicating that the remote has reset.
How do I get my Xfinity remote to work?
Press and hold the Xfinity and Info buttons for five seconds. Wait for the red light on the Xfinity Remote to turn green. Enter the three-digit pairing code on the screen according to the instructions. Your Xfinity Remote is associated with the TV Box once you accurately enter the on-screen pairing code.
In no time, the aforementioned easy-to-follow instructions can help you fix your Xfinity remote that isn’t changing channels.
Got any other ideas on how to fix an Xfinity remote that isn’t changing channels? Please share in the comments section below.