Aside from the sleek design of the PS4 console, the flexibility that comes with using the PS4 console is unmatched. However, some gamers seem to have issues connecting their console. One of the most prominent issues is how to sync the PS4 controller without cable.
There is usually a need to connect your controller without cable, especially if more than one physical players are gaming. With more than a player, you will need to add more controllers to the gaming console.
So how do you go about it? Not to worry, this article will be recommending three ways to sync PS4 controllers without cable.
3 Ways To Sync Ps4 Controller Without Cable
Below are three methods you can use to sync your PS4 controller without using a cable:
1. Syncing PS4 Controller Via Bluetooth
Here is a guide on how to sync your PS4 controller via Bluetooth:
- Navigate and click on Settings on your PS4 dashboard
- On the setting menu, click on devices, then Bluetooth devices
- Take the PS4 controller and hold down the Share button
- Long-hold the share button for about 10 seconds
- The PS4 controller will show up on the Bluetooth Device screen; click on it
- Once you click on it, the PS4 controller will connect to your console.
2. Syncing PS4 Controller Via DS4 Windows Utility
Below is a guide on how to sync your PS4 controller via DS4 Windows Utility:
- From your PC, open a browser and visit DS4Windows.com
- On the site, you will see an option to Download File
- Click on the Download Now button
- Then you will be redirected to the DS4Windows.zip file, where you can download the file to your computer.
- Extract the downloaded file and double-click on DS4Windows
- Select a folder where you want to save the App
- After saving the file, you will see the DS4 welcome dialogue
- Click on Install DS4 driver – installation and configuration takes time
- Proceed to connect your PS4 controller using a micro USB cable
- Once the PS4 controller has synced with your device, you can remove the micro USB cable
Subsequently, you do not need to connect the micro USB cable to use the controller.
3. Syncing PS4 Controller Via Steam Account
If you have a Steam account, you can easily sync your PS4 controller to your device. With Steam, it is easy to connect a PS4 controller to a laptop or PC. Below is a guide on how to sync your PS4 controller via Steam Account:
- From your device, open Steam client
- Click on pig picture mode from the top right corner
- Proceed to settings by clicking a gear icon from the top of the screen.
- Check under the controller for an option tagged “Controller Setting.”
- Click on the controller setting, then check the box or “PlayStation Configuration Support.”
- Connect the PS4 controller and your device using a micro USB cable
- Steam will automatically detect the PS4 controller once a connection is made
- The PS4 controller option will appear at the bottom of the screen; click on it to complete the syncing process.
If you are having issues connecting your controller to your console wirelessing. The issue might be Low battery or Console/controller’s Bluetooth connectivity issue. Charge your controller to fix the low battery issue. And try resetting your controller if you are unable to pair it with your console.
Gamely is fun, and the best way to enjoy it is with the right sort of controller. Playing games on your console becomes more flexible once you can connect your PS4 controller wirelessly.