The excitement that comes with watching your favourite show is usually unmatched. However, this excitement can be cut short if you have not set up the dish remote. Knowing how to program Dish Remote to your TV will help you maximize the capabilities of your device.
Dish Network is a direct-broadcast satellite provider that offers tons of entertainment services. Generally, Dish Network’s primary service is satellite television.
Some of their services come in several bundles giving users the options to pick their preference. Part of their services includes mobile wireless service and Sling TV, among others.
Dish Remotes are among the best and easiest remotes to use and set up compared to others. The remote features a sleek design and function keys that make users’ experience seamless. Users can easily browse, record and shift between apps using the Remote.
How to Program Dish Remote to TV
There are different methods you can use to program Dish Remote to TV. The method you decide to you is dependent on the version/model of your Dish Remote. Below are some methods you use for some models of your Dish Remote:
Programming Newer Model of Dish Remote to TV
There is a different method to program your Remote if your Dish Remote falls under the following models – 40.0, 50.0, 52.0, 54.0. Below is a guide on how to program your Dish Remote to your TV:
- Double click the Home Button on your Dish Remote. (if there is no home button, press the menu button once).
- Select the Settings option
- Navigate to Remote control from the on-screen Menu
- From the On-screen Menu, click on the TV you want to pair
- Click on the Pairing Wizard option from the Menu
- Select the TV you want to pair
- The Pairing Wizard will display some devices codes – these codes will help you pair your device.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to test each code
- Once the code is successful, click on Finish on the screen
With the method above, you can use your Dish Remote for your TV with ease. However, if the code fails, you can try another code and repeat the process till it is successful.
Programming Older Model of Dish Remote to TV
There is a different method to program your Remote if your Dish Remote falls under the following models – 20.0 or 21.0. The Power Scan process is the method suitable to program 20.0 or 21.0 series Dish Remote. The process test runs different device codes until it finds a compatible code.
Below is a guide on how to program your Dish Remote to your TV using Power Scan:
- Go to mydish.com support to select your remote type
- Click on the three-digit remote control link – this link will open in a pop-up window
- Proceed to click on “Select a Model” drop-down box
- Select the Dish Remote’s name
- Then click on “Select a Product Type” drop-down box
- Choose the name of the TV device your want to program your remote
- Proceed to Select a Manufacturer
- Then use the available code to run the programming test
- Proceed to point the Dish Remote at the TV
- Then press and hold the TV button on your remote
- Release your hold after ten seconds and observe the Four Mode Button light comes up
- Release the button, and the lights will start blinking
- Press the Power button of the remote, then release it
- Click on the Up button of the remote
- Then press the Up button at intervals – few seconds apart till the TV goes off
- Once the TV goes off, it means the code is correct
- Press the # button to save the code to memory
- Then test the Remote to your TV to ensure it is working
Programming Dish Remote to TV Via Scanning
The scanning method involves you manually inputting available codes to program your Remote. It is an alternative way to program your Dish Remote to your TV without code.
This method comes in handy when you need to program your Remote but do not know the code. Unfortunately, this method takes time as you will have to scan through tons of codes before getting the correct one.
Below is a guide on how to program your Dish Remote through scanning:
- Power on your TV
- Point the remote to the TV
- Hold the TV button, and wait till the Four lights at the top of the remote flash.
- Release the button once the light starts flashing
- Click on the Power button to begin scanning codes
- Then press the Up button on the Dish remote to scan through all the codes
- Continue pressing the Up button till the TV goes off – this signifies that the correct code has been found.
- Press the # button to confirm and apply the code to the Remote
- Click on the Power button again to turn on the TV
- Then test the remote to your TV to ensure it is working
With the methods recommended above, programming your Dish Remote to your TV should not be a hassle. The process is entirely seamless; however, you can retrace your step and start the process again if you encounter a problem while programming.