Most users find it difficult to turn up the volume on their Asus monitor due to the absence of a “volume up” button. Follow the step below to turn up the volume on your Asus monitor for an improved audio experience!
How to Turn Up the Volume on a Regular Asus Monitor
It is very easy to turn up the volume on your Asus monitor; just do the following:
Volume Button and Brightness Key
Press the “volume down” button to bring up the volume bar and then scale up the “brightness up” button to turn up the volume. This method will do the trick!
How to Turn Up the Volume on an Asus Gaming Monitor
If you own an Asus TUF Gaming monitor, the process of turning up the volume is unnecessarily complex. Press the round black button on the back of the monitor twice. This will bring up the settings menu. Navigate to System Setup, scroll down and choose Sound using the same black button (it can move around like a joystick).
Move the black button right to bring up the Volume. Move the black circle button up or down to control the volume. Increase the volume to 100.
Note: You need to confirm to continue when a warning about “OSD changes consuming more power”. After confirming, it becomes possible to change the sound level.
Move the circle button left to exit the menu.
Is your Asus Gaming Monitor volume still low after increasing the volume? The only solution left is to get an external speaker. You’d be happy you did!
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I connect an external speaker to my Asus Monitor?
You can use the headphone jack on the Asus monitor by simply connecting the monitor to the speaker with a 3.5mm male audio cable. You can also use an HDMI cable to connect your monitor to an external speaker.
Note: When a new audio device is connected, Windows makes it the default audio-playing device. However, this is not always the case, and you may have to choose a default device manually.
When using an HDMI cable to connect your monitor to an external speaker, switch the audio output to the external speaker(s).
• To do this, first, go windows search bar and search for the “Control panel.”
• Open the control panel and click “Sound” to select the HDMI speaker output as your default audio output.
• Select the audio device you want to play by clicking it in the Playback tab, then click “Set Default.”
• Select “OK.”
To save you from the stress of controlling the volume from the monitor, get speakers with inbuilt volume controls. You might want to consider getting powered speakers for better sound quality.
How do I enable Bluetooth on my ASUS monitor?
• In the Windows search bar, type and search for “Bluetooth and other device settings,” then click “Open.”
• Click “Add a Bluetooth or other device.”
• Click “Bluetooth.”
• Choose a device to connect and ensure the pairing code (PIN) is the same as the one displayed by your Bluetooth device, then click “Connect.”
How can I get my Asus computer’s sound to work again?
• Make sure the audio drivers are updated first.
• The Asus website offers updated driver downloads. You can attempt to install new audio drivers if the current audio drivers are out of date.
• You can also find the most recent drivers for Asus computers on Microsoft’s website.
• You should ensure that your computer’s audio card is substituted when the audio drivers still don’t function.
Why has the sound quality of my Asus monitor gone bad?
Your speakers might be faulty. To confirm this, plug in your headphones, and if the sound feedback is alright, then your monitor’s speakers have a problem. You can also troubleshoot your audio drivers and follow through with the recommended fix.
Why is the audio on my Asus monitor low even after I turn up the volume?
You can solve this issue by doing the following:
- Open the Control Panel
- In the Hardware and Sound menu, click Manage Audio Devices > Speakers > Properties > Enhancements, and then check “Loudness Equalization.”