An HDMI cable is the cheapest, easiest, and maybe the best way to connect your Android device to your HDTV. Manufacturers aren’t as likely to include a Micro HDMI port in their gadget as they were only a few years ago, but if you’re lucky to have one, it makes the entire experience much smoother.
Micro HDMI to HDMI cables are around the same price as standard HDMI cables, so you can easily afford to acquire one. They’re available on Amazon.
How to Connect Android Phone to TV With HDMI Cable
Many Android phones support HDMI connections to send photographs and videos to a television. We’ll show you how to link your Android phone to your television so you can watch videos on it. Take the following steps:
- Connect your Android phone to your TV using an HDMI cable. Open the Gallery app on your Android phone and select the photo or video you want to watch on your TV.
- After making your choice, a few controls will appear on the screen briefly. If you lose track of them, tap the dark part of the screen to bring them back up. A Play symbol will appear in the top left corner with “HDMI” printed beneath it. Tap that symbol to access the player controls.
- Press the Play/Pause button to begin displaying the photo or video on your TV.
Keep in mind that not all apps support HDMI output. Two of such apps are Blockbuster and YouTube. Only photographs and movies you have taken or copied can usually be viewed, and only from the Gallery app.
How To Connect Android Phone to TV Using the HDMI Cable
You can watch videos and other media stored on your phone on a compatible HDTV with the HDTV Adapter.
Follow these steps to connect the HDTV Adapter to your device:
- Connect the HDTV Adapter to one end of a universal HDMI cable. Connect the other end to your TV’s HDMI port. You can use any of the HDMI ports on your TV if it has more than one. Ensure you choose the correct HDMI port in your TV’s input settings. For more information, consult your TV’s owner’s manual.
- Connect the HDTV Adapter to your Travel Charger.
- Connect your Travel Charger to an approved power outlet.
- Connect the HDTV Adapter connector to your device’s Power/Accessory Interface port.
- It’s the same port that is connected to your Travel Charger. What’s on your device’s home screen will appear on the TV screen right away.
Please check that your HDTV can display videos or other media stored on your phone while using the HDTV Adapter. You can find the correct HDMI settings in your TV’s owner’s handbook.
How to Connect iPhone to TV
You’ll need a Digital AV or VGA adapter to connect your iOS device to a display, such as a TV, projector, or computer monitor.
You can also use AirPlay to connect wirelessly. Take the following steps to connect with a cable or adapter:
- Connect your Digital AV or VGA adapter to your iOS device’s charging port. Connect an HDMI or VGA cable to your adapter.
- Connect your secondary display to the opposite end of your HDMI or VGA wire (TV, monitor, or projector).
- On your secondary display, turn your device on.
- If necessary, change the video source to the correct one on your secondary monitor. Use the handbook that came with your display if you need assistance.
- Your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch screen should appear on your TV, display, or projector.
What if your device’s HDMI port isn’t working? Here’s how to fix it.
Can I use a USB cable to connect my phone to my TV?
You can use a Micro USB cable to connect your Android smartphone to the TV to view saved content (Photos, Music, Videos) on the smartphone via the TV. You can also use the TV’s remote control to conduct this task.
Can I connect my iPhone to my TV with HDMI?
If you have the correct adapter, you may connect your iPhone or iPad to your TV through a cable. A Lightning Digital AV Adapter and a Lightning VGA Adapter are available in Apple stores.
When should I use an HDMI cable?
When the components you want to connect are HDMI compatible – that is, they both have HDMI connectors – and you want the highest quality digital video and audio connection, you should use an HDMI (High Definition Multimedia Interface) cable.
Using the phone while it is linked to the TV is a major disadvantage of going with a wired approach. This constraint isn’t a major concern when watching a movie, but it’s not ideal if you want to play a game or watch YouTube videos.
Let’s know your thoughts in the comment box below.