Tons of TV brands are available today; while some are prominent, others are less popular. The Samsung and Apple tv brand is a household name. So far, these brands offer both quality and relatively affordable TV sets.
The Apple and Samsung brands offer services that are exclusive to subscribers only. Getting access to these services and contents might be a hassle.
However, there is a way to go about it. This article will review how you can get the Apple TV app on your Samsung TV, stream content on the app, sign out, and many more.
Having different options of TV content to choose from is incredible. However, most TV brands do not support the integration of other apps. So how do you access other TV content on your Samsung TV? First, you have to check the compatibility of your TV device.
Apple TV vs Samsung TV Compatibility
The Samsung Smart TV can give you access to exclusive TV shows and movies available on the Apple TV app or Apple TV+ app, taking your entertainment to a new level.
With your Samsung Smart TV, you can enjoy some of your favourite content exclusive on Apple TV. This is because most Samsung TV is compatible with other TV brands. Since the Apple brand works on iOS, it has a
Apple TV is an online streaming service with original TV shows and movies exclusively available on the Apple TV or Apple TV+ app. Subscribers can access these contents by downloading the app.
Since some of the movies and shows on Apple TV are available in 4K, you can view them with your Samsung Smart TV in 4K with HDR for a great viewing experience.
How to check Samsung TV compatibility with Apple TV
Generally, select models of 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 Smart TVs, Lifestyle TVs, QLED 4K and 8K TVs are compatible with the Apple TV and Apple TV+ apps.
However, you need to ensure that your Samsung TV is compatible with either of the apps before you can go ahead with getting it. However, you can check for the compatibility of your Samsung TV to be sure.
Another easy way to know if your Samsung TV is compatible with the apps is by checking the App section of the TV. If the Apple TV app appears there, then your Samsung TV is compatible, and if it doesn’t, your TV is most likely not compatible with the app.
With the Apple TV app, you can have access to more content by ;
- Renting movies
- Buying exclusive movies and TV shows
- Subscribing to watch Apple TV+
- Subscribing to exclusive channels on Apple TV
How to get Apple TV on Samsung TV
Once you have confirmed that your Samsung TV is compatible with the Apple TV app, follow the guide below:
- Go to the Samsung TV’s app store and download either the Apple TV app or the Apple TV+ app.
- Open the app
- Select Start Watching
- Go to Settings and select Accounts (for setup)
- Select Sign-in ( if you don’t already have an Apple account, you need to create an ID)
- You can use any of these methods to sign in and complete the setup process.
- Proceed to use your phone to navigate to the Apple TV activation page and use your phone’s camera to scan the QR code on your Samsung TV screen or enter the code that appears on it. Then, follow the instructions that appear on your phone.
- Use your Samsung TV’s remote to sign in manually using your Apple ID and complete your Apple account setup
Once you have set up your account successfully, you can stream and watch your favourite content.
How to Stream Apple TV Content on Your Samsung TV
To stream Apple TV content on your Samsung TV, follow the guide below:
- Select a category of your choice, or
- Navigate through the Library for existing content or content you own already or use the Search feature to find it
- Scroll to available titles and select Buy or Rent if you don’t have any previously owned content or you want to watch something new. (You may need to provide your Apple ID password to complete some purchases)
- Select Play
How To Sign Out of/Reset your Apple TV app
To sign out of the Apple TV app on your Samsung TV;
- Open the app on your TV
- Go to Settings
- Select Account
- Choose Sign out
You will need to reset your Apple TV app to sell your Samsung TV or give it out.
Doing this will sign you out from the app, remove your personal information and restore the app to its original settings, so you will have to sign in and change the settings when you open the app on another device.
If your Samsung TV is also signed in to your Apple Music app and you reset the Apple TV app, your Apple Music settings will also be restored to the default settings.
How to Reset the Apple TV App on your Samsung TV
To reset the Apple TV app on your Samsung TV;
- Open the app on your TV or streaming device
- Select Reset and Confirm the action on either your Samsung TV or your streaming device.
If you signed in to the app on a device other than your Samsung TV or a TV you no longer have access to, all you have to do is remove it from your Apple ID device list.
Getting Apple TV on your Samsung TV is an easy process as long as your TV is compatible with the Apple TV app or the Apple TV+ app.
You can enjoy your favourite exclusive content with high visual quality in 4K or 8K and sound quality for maximum entertainment. You can also sign out of the app and reset the app from your Samsung TV.