We can watch and stream any content remotely without sitting in front of a TV with our smartphones. However, sometimes, you might need to cast whatever you watch on your phone to a larger screen if more than two persons are watching.
Casting your screen from your smartphone to a smart TV is relatively easy, especially if the TV and the smartphone are of the same brand. However, if they are not the same brand, you might want to get the compatibility of both devices.
For instance, Air playing any content from an iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac to Apple TV is seamless. The same cannot be the same about Airplaying content from an iPhone to a non-iOS device. This article will be reviewing how to Airplay content to a Samsung TV.
What is Airplay?
AirPlay is an Apple casting feature that allows iOS users to cast audios, images and videos wirelessly from their iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac to an Apple TV or an AirPlay 2-compatible smart TV.
Also, you can use AirPlay to stream audio to speakers. This connection is possible only if the iOS and smart TV devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi network, within the same Bluetooth range or linked to the same router using an ethernet cable.
AirPlay is compatible with apps like Amazon Prime Video, Netflix, Hulu, etc. so, you do not have to miss out on your favourite shows from these platforms.
Pros of AirPlay
- Seamless connection without lag
- The easiest way to cast content
- Compatible with all new iOS devices
- No configuration required
Cons of AirPlay
- It does not support simultaneously use
- In the case of nad network or wrong connection, AirPlay can freeze
- It is exclusive to iOS users
Samsung Smart View
While some Samsung TVs support AirPlay function, others do not. So, you can use the AirPlay function on your Apple device to cast your screen to your Samsung TV.
Conversely, Samsung has its option for casting termed Smart View. Smart View is a screen mirroring app exclusive to Samsung Smart TVs.
The application allows the transmission of content to compatible TVs using a Wi-Fi connection. To use Smart View, you have to download the Samsung Smart View app and launch the app to start casting to your TV.
Compatible Samsung TV Models for AirPlay
All newer models of iOS devices support AirPlay. However, only most of the newer models of Samsung TVs supports AirPlay. So, if you are looking to purchase a Samsung TV, you can choose from the following models:
- 2018 Frame TV
- 2018 QLED 4K
- 2018 4K UHD TV
- 2018 Smart Full HDTV N5300
- 2019 8K and 4K QLED TVs
- 2019 Frame and Serif TV
- 2019 4K UHD TV
- 2020 8K and 4K QLED TVs
- 2020 Frame and Serif TV
- 2020 Crystal UHD TVs
- 2021 8K and 4K QLED TVs
- 2021 Frame and Serif TV
- 2021 Crystal UHD TVs
How to Airplay to Samsung TV
Once you decide to AirPlay any content, you must ensure that you have a stable Wi-Fi connection. Your internet connection should be enabled on your Samsung TV and connected to the same network as your Apple device. Once your network is stable, proceed to follow the steps below to Airplay to your Samsung TV:
- Power on your TV
- Connect it to a network
- Power on Airplay from your Samsung TV Airplay settings if it is off
- Choose whether to require a one-time pairing code or a recurring code every time you want to use AirPlay
How to Airplay from an iPhone/iPad to Samsung TV
If you are using an iPhone or iPad, you can Airplay content from your device to your Samsung TV using the guide below.
- On your iPhone or iPad, click on the AirPlay icon. This icon is located at the bottom of the screen, shaped like a TV with a small Triangle.
- Select your Samsung TV from the list of available devices on your AirPlay list
- Once a connection is established, you can continue viewing your content on a big screen.
- However, if your AirPlay setting requires a passcode, you will need to input the code before your content can play on the TV screen.
Do you want to view your pictures on a big screen? You can also cast photos from your iOS device to your Samsung TV. Below are the steps to do this:
- Open the Photos app on your iOS device
- Click on the photo or slideshow you want to cast to your TV
- Tap on the share icon below the screen
- Select AirPlay
- Click on the TV you want to cast the picture to and enjoy
You can always customize your setting. To do this, swipe down on your iPhone/iPad from the top of the screen to access the control centre. You can adjust the volume, pause, play, fast forwards, and rewind whatever you listen to or watch from the control centre.
In addition, you can stop casting by closing the video, gallery or music app or clicking on the AirPlay app. Once you click on the AirPlay app, the list of available devices will pop up; uncheck the connected TV from the list.
How to Airplay from a MacBook to Samsung TV
The first step is to ensure that the Mac book and the Samsung TV is connected to the same network.
Search for the AirPlay status on the Mac menu bar, select the TV you want to cast on and start enjoying your content on a big screen.
You can stop casting whenever you like by clicking oN the AirPlay icon on your Mac, then turn it off.
Small screens can get a little boring. AirPlaying content from your iOS device to your Samsung TV will be hassle-free with the guide above.
However, if your Samsung TV is not compatible with AirPlay, there are other alternatives you can use. Alternatively, you can use the Roku streaming stick, Amazon Fire TV stick or Apple TV to stream your favourite content to your TV.