If you just downloaded a movie and noticed its language is different from what you thought it would be, and you’re looking for a way to change the language on HBO Max, then, you’ve come to the right page.
HBO Max has become a popular choice when it comes to streaming services. It allows its subscribers to view different TV shows, movies, and series. Changing the language settings on HBO Max is a pretty easy task as long as you follow the right steps. Read through and see the steps to follow depending on your device.
1. How To Change Language on HBO Max
There are two ways you can achieve this. They include:
- Playing an HBO Max content and changing the language directly on HBO Max
- Changing the HBO Max app settings in your device settings
However, the second option seems to work the most since the language will be permanently configured in the device settings.
2. How to Change HBO Max Language on HBO Max App
- Click on the three bars in the upper left corner to browse genres. Search for the content you want to stream in the search box.
- Click the genre you want. For example, ‘Latino’, ‘international’, or any other genre.
- Browse titles on the genre page you have selected.
- Click on the content to see the show’s details. If there are no language options displayed in the details, that means there aren’t any alternatives available.
- Once you’ve selected a show, you’ll see its alternative languages listed next to a play button icon.
- Click to switch to the language of your choice while watching HBO Max online. Then, tap the language to begin streaming the show.
- To switch back, you’ll have to return to the details page using the ‘back’ button, then select the other language.
3. How to Change Language on HBO Max Using Android
Below are the steps you’ll have to follow:
- Go to settings
- Click on ‘system’
- Select ‘general management’. Then, click on ‘language and input’.
- Choose your preferred language. The default language will automatically change to your preferred language. If it doesn’t, restart your phone.
4. How to Change Language on HBO Max Using an iOS Device
If you’re using an iPad or iPhone, below are the steps to follow when changing the language settings on HBO Max:
- Go to the ‘settings’ app on your device.
- Select ‘general’.
- Click on ‘language and region’.
- Choose ‘iPhone language’. Select your preferred language.
- Click on ‘done’. A message will display on your screen asking you to confirm the language change.
- Tap ‘confirm’. Then, your phone screen will go blank for some seconds while Apple is updating the language settings.
5. How To Change Language on HBO Max Using MacBook
The following steps will guide you if you’re using MacBook:
- Go to ‘system preferences’.
- Select ‘language and region’
- Click on the ‘+’ sign in the left menu
- Select your preferred language. A message will be sent to you asking you to confirm the language change and add the language’s keyboard to your Mac.
6. How To Change Language on HBO Max Using a TV
If you’re streaming HBO Max on any smart TV such as Apple TV, Android TV, or Xbox, the steps to follow to change the language settings are:
- Go to the top left corner of your screen and click on your profile icon (upper-left corner).
- Select ‘change language’. Tap on the language you want to change to and select ‘save’ to successfully change the language.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I play movies with subtitles in other languages?
Whether you’re using the HBO Max app or site, all you have to do is:
- Start playing any video on HBO Max.
- Tap on the screen.
- Click on the speech bubble.
- Select your preferred subtitles. The subtitles will automatically change.
2. Why can’t I change the language on my HBO Max?
By default, the HBO Max app uses the same language that you’re using on your device (Android, Apple TV, iPad, MacBook).
You’ll have to go to your profile icon in the upper left corner and select ‘change language’ on the ‘My Profile Tab’. Then, select the language you want to use and click on ‘save’.
3. Is every title on HBO Max available in other languages?
If you don’t see any language on the title’s details page, it means it’s only available in the language in which it was recorded.
This is mostly the case for content recorded in English.