Facebook has a live feature that allows its users to share their activities live. Most times, streaming a live video on your phone or laptop screen could cause you to strain your eyes. To avoid having eye issues, it is better to search for how to watch Facebook live on TV.
Besides that, if you’re watching the videos with other people, there’s a probability that not everyone will see the screen. You might find watching live tutorial exercises or dance videos on your phone challenging since you’ll need to follow every step.
Read through and discover over three different ways you can stream a Facebook live session on your TV.
3 Best Ways to Watch Facebook Live on TV
1. Cast Facebook Live From Facebook App
Facebook app has a feature that can grant you access to watch a live video on TV. This in-built feature makes it possible to view Facebook posts, cast videos, and display news feed directly on the TV.
You should know that videos can be streamed on any device such as a Samsung TV, Chromecast, or Apple TV. All you have to do is ensure that your TV (or streaming device) and phone are connected to the same Wi-fi connection.
To cast Facebook Live on TV using the Facebook app, follow the following steps:
- Login into Facebook. Search for the live video you want to watch.
- Play the video and click on the ‘screen share’ icon at the top-right corner of the video.
- Select the name of your TV to begin the casting process.
2. Cast Facebook Live on TV with an App (LetsView)
LetsView is an app that allows you to easily and comfortably watch Facebook live videos on TV. It has a widescreen feature that acts as a mirror to allow you to display anything on your phone or PC to your streaming device or TV.
Here are the basic steps to follow when casting Facebook Live to TV using LetsView.
- Download and install the LetsView app on your mobile device (or PC). Also, download the LetsView for TV as well.
- Simultaneously open the app on your TV and mobile device. The app on the phone will request a code. Input the PIN displayed on your TV to start mirroring.
- Login into Facebook and click on the Facebook live video to watch it on your TV.
3. Cast Facebook Live With A Tool (ApowerMirror)
ApowerMirror is an advanced screen mirroring tool that allows its users to have a worthwhile experience while mirroring their device’s screen to a TV or streaming device.
Below are the steps to follow when trying to watch Facebook live on your TV using ApowerMirror.
- Go to Google Play Store on your phone and download the ApowerMirror app. Also, download the app on your TV too.
- Open the app on your TV and phone.
- Use your phone to scan the QR code displayed on your TV. Your phone screen will automatically cast to your TV.
- On your phone, select the live video you want to stream and watch on your TV.
How to Use the Facebook Watch App
The next best option to opt for when you don’t have an Airplay or a Chromecast device to properly stream a live video is the Facebook Watch App.
The app is available on devices such as Amazon Fire TV, Microsoft Xbox Games Console, and Apple TV.
It is important to note that the interface of Facebook and the Facebook Watch App is not the same. Hence, it may be difficult to locate the videos you want to watch.
To easily find those videos, you’ll have to type the name of the Facebook page that’s sharing the video in the search menu at the top left corner of your screen. Once the suggestions appear, select the one you want.
How to Setup the Facebook Watch App on Your TV
As earlier stated, you can use the Facebook Watch app to play shows and videos on your TV.
Below are the steps to follow to set up the app:
- Go to the app store on your television and download the Facebook Watch TV app.
- Log in to the app and register.
- A code will pop up on the screen. Go to your PC or mobile device and log in to www.facebook.com/device to input the 8-digit code.
- Select ‘continue’. After some minutes, your Watch app will refresh. You’re now set up and ready to watch videos.
How To Hide Comments and Reactions While Watching a Live Video on Facebook
Here’s how to hide your comments and reactions:
- Swipe the screen to the right to remove the comments and swipe to the left to bring the comments back.
- You can also click on the video, and tap the ‘mute icon’ on the top-right corner of the screen to hide the comments. Then, tap the ‘mute icon’ again to bring back the comments.
All the methods mentioned above are the simplest and fastest ways on how to watch Facebook live on TV. Each of the methods allows its users to have a worthwhile streaming experience.
You don’t have to try out all three methods. Just go for the one that best suits your need. Here’s a bonus tip: you can directly use the Facebook app cast feature if you have DLNA (a mirroring tool) installed on your laptop.