When the Vizio Smartcast feature of the television was released, it generally appealed to Android users. This feature allows android users to cast their phone screens on the television.
With Smartcast, android users can easily use diverse applications installed on their mobile phones on the smart television. However, iOS users couldn’t share the same exciting feeling.
Thanks to the new invention of the Vizio smart TV called the Airplay 2, iPhone users can enjoy the same features as Android users.
How to Airplay to Vizio Smart TV
iPhone users can use Airplay on their phones to stream content on their Vizio Television screen with this feature. If you want to airplay to your Vizio Television, follow these simple steps:
Switch on the airplay function on the television. It is important to note that by default, the airplay feature on the Vizio smart TV ought to be on. However, peradventure it is off, you must ensure you turn it on.
How to switch on the Airplay Feature on the Vizio Tv
Click on the Smartcast or home button on your remote.
The television will return to the homepage. Locate Extras at the top right corner of the home screen, click on it. Another option will pop up, navigate using the remote, locate apple airplay, click on it.
This should be the option for turning the apple airplay feature on the television. Confirm that the apple airplay function is on by checking the top corner of the screen. By now, the apple airplay icon should be displayed on the screen.
- Connect your iOS device and the television to one WiFi network. Make sure the tv and the iOS device are connected to the same WiFi network. You have to also make sure that Bluetooth is turned on.
- Swipe down the iPhone iPad or Mac, screen from the top right, where you have the wifi network and battery, click on the screen mirror option on the phone.
- The system will search for a compatible device. It is expected to find the Vizio smart television. Once it brings up the name of your TV, click on it and wait for few seconds for a connection to be established.
- Once a Connection has been established, you would see your phone’s content projected on the television screen. At this stage, all you need to do is go through your file, select a video you will like to see, click on it and start enjoying an unforgettable cinematic experience right in your living room.
How To Stop Vizio Airplay On iPhone
If you want to stop sharing content on your iPhone device to your Vizio television, you need to follow the same procedure you did earlier.
Swipe up or down your phone screen, depending on the make, to reveal the control center of your phone. Click on the media control panel. The airplay feature should now be at the right corner of the screen. Click on the iOS device you are using to stop airplay from functioning.
Another option is to Long press on your phone’s music controls or press and hold for a couple of seconds. Next is to click the AirPlay button on the top right-hand corner. It will bring up a list of all your AirPlay devices. Tap on the device you want to turn off AirPlay for.
What to do if You Can’t Find Airplay in Control Center of iOS Device
By usual standard, you should be able to see the airplay feature on your control center when you swipe up or down the screen of your device. However, if you can’t find it, you can do the following to solve the problem:
- Restart your phone. Sometimes the fault could be from your phone, and the best way to rectify it is by restarting the phone. When the phone is rebooting, the system automatically repairs some minor technical issues.
- Restart your Vizio Smart TV. You might also need to restart your television if the fault has not been solved. Since the television and the phone have to be in good shape to use the airplay feature, you might also need to restart the television.
- Check connection settings. The phone and the television have to be connected to the same WiFi network. Fail to do this and you might experience difficulty finding the airplay feature on the control center of your phone. Ensure that the two devices, your iPhone and television, are both connected to the same WiFi device and try again.
- If you are using a wired network, ensure that all the cables are intact and where they ought to be. Also, check if the airplay feature on your Vizio Television is on. You may have put off the airplay feature on your television by accident. This will stop the phone from showing the airplay feature on the control center.