Smart TVs like Vizio have a significant benefit over traditional TVs because they can be operated without a remote control.
The majority of Vizio smart TVs have their device control mobile app that makes it easier to activate any Vizio TV without a remote control.
How to Control Vizio Tv Without Remote
1. Using the Buttons on Your Vizio Smart TV
Each Vizio Smart TV is equipped with physical buttons. If you can’t access the power on and power off button of your Vizio TV using the remote, you can make use of these buttons.
See the location of Vizio power buttons.
The position of these buttons is usually at the backside of the TV in the lower right, or lower left (there are different locations for various models). More Power buttons like the channel controls, volume control buttons, and input buttons are available.
These can be used if you have misplaced your Vizio TV remote and want to operate or access the menu features. You can use these dedicated buttons before you get a new remote for your Vizio TV.
2. Using the Vizio SmartCast App
The SmartCast app enables you to add and manage apps directly from the phone on your Vizio TV, including iHeartRadi, Netflix, Hulu, and many more. The first step to controlling your Vizio TV if you’ve lost your remote is to download the Vizio SmartCast Application and set up the application on your smartphone.
Below are the different steps you need to take to set up Vizio SmartCast Application.
- Download the SmartCast App. Depending on your mobile device, you can download from either the iOS app store or Google Play Store.
- Select Devices and click Add at the top right side and select your TV on the list. If you don’t see your TV on the list, ensure that your phone has a Wi-Fi connection.
- You will be asked to keep your phone for a short time near the device. If you’re using the app for the first time, you’ll have to pair it.
- Once you’ve paired it, select the control icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Once you’ve selected it, the TV will be turned on by clicking on the power button.
- You can fully control the TV through your smartphone, just like a remote. You can change the volume, switch the TV on and off, set the aspect ratio, change the channel, etc.
To turn on your TV, you don’t need to open the app. If the TV is off, it will turn on automatically once you stream anything from your mobile app to the TV.
3. Using Nintendo Switch
Believe it not, your Vizio TV can be turned on using a Nintendo Switch. If the remote control is missing or is not within your grasp, you can use your Nintendo Switch as a replacement in the meantime.
- The first step is to connect to Vizio’s TV via the dock of your Nintendo Switch console.
- From the Home Screen, choose System Settings.
- In the left column, choose TV settings, then scroll the list down and click on the Match TV power state to turn it on.
- When the console is put to sleep, the input goes off. When the console is on, the TV switches immediately to the right input channel.
4. Using a PS4 (PlayStation 4)
You can turn your TV on with your PS4 when you launch the games console.
- The first step is to connect to your Vizio TV with an HDMI cable and launch your PlayStation 4 console.
- Choose System and click on Settings.
- Choose Enable HDMI Device Connection.
- When PS4 is activated, the Vizio TV is automatically activated and switched to the correct entry. In addition, the PS4 is automatically activated by selecting that entry from the list.
Lost Your Vizio TV Remote?
Consider a universal TV. This cheap device allows you to control multiple devices around your home.
With the methods mentioned above, you now have more ways to control your Vizio TV without being remotely controlled. You can choose one that works best for you.